Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Is it possible to apply morphologic anti aliasing to selected apps only?

PKoch5
Beginner

I love the morphologic anti aliasing thing that was added to the Intel Graphics Control Panel some time ago, but so far it's useless, since it can be either applied globally or not at all. Because of that a lot of other apps, including Discord, have blurred text whenever Morphological AA is applied. It's such a shame, because it really works well in old DX1-8 games like Tomb Raider IV, but makes every other app blurry and hard to work with. It would be great if it was possible for user to create a selection of apps to which the aa should be applied to.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PKoch5, Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated. We will do further research about this issue. Please provide more information about your system: Processor and operating system. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PKoch5
Beginner

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Integrated GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Dedicated GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

Personally I would love the ability to create a list or profiles of applications that should use this anti aliasing when enabled. Something like NVIDIA Control Panel. There are games that just need this anti aliasing, yet there are also some applications I wouldn't like this feature to be applied to.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PKoch5, Thank you for your response. We will review this information and get back to you soon. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PKoch5, After testing some games in a similar system, we were able to confirm that applying Morphological Antialiasing to specific apps and games is not supported. Hardware: Dell XPS™ 15 9530 HD Graphics 4600 / GeForce GT 750M Quake Champions Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus It is worth mentioning that your feedback is highly appreciated. We will forward this request to the proper department. However, we cannot guarantee that this feature will be implemented. In this scenario, we also recommend using the settings available in the games. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos