Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Is there a driver that enables 4K @ 60Hz 4:4:4 color for UHD605?

sholt1
Beginner

I have an Asrock J5005-itx board with Windows 10 home and a samsung NU8000 UHD tv. If I leave the "HDMI UHD color" set to off on the TV, then I can display 4K @ 60Hz at 4:2:0 color, which has blurry edges on text. 4K @ 30Hz 4:4:4 works fine.

When I switch the samsung to have HDMI UHD color ON, then the signal is dropped and no image shows. With the UHD color on, the tv should support 4K @ 60Hz with 4:4:4 at 8-bit, but I cannot get this to work.

I would like to know if there are any graphics driver updates which might address this issue.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello sholt1, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I am currently attempting to replicate the situation you are experiencing to see if the issue is present, please allow me some time while this is done. I will be getting back to you as soon as possible, in the meantime, To better assist you with your request, please attach a DxDiag, follow the steps below to get the file: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
sholt1
Beginner

Hi David V-

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the dxdiag report from my system.

0 Kudos
sholt1
Beginner

In case it's useful I am also including a report with the HDMI UHD Color on the TV set to ON.

To be clear, no signal is displayed by the TV is this case, and dxdiag was run "blind" using just the keyboard.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello sholt1, Thank you for your response. I have been reviewing the information and I have found that you are not currently using the latest graphics driver, this could be the cause for the current situation so I would recommend to update the graphics driver. You can download the latest one from your system manufacturer or you can use our generic drivers in the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126788 Make sure to read all of the details and description of the driver before proceeding with the installation. In case the issue persists with the latest drivers, this could also happen due to low quality HDMI incapable of driving sufficient bandwidth, I would suggest using new High-Speed HDMI cables. Also, you need to make sure if your panel (display) is an 8-bit display, if the display is 10-bit then it will not output the 4K @ 60 Hz 4:4:4. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello sholt1, Were you able to check my previous post? Let me know if you need more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos