Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Is there an update to the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 605 driver set that is compatible with the latest Windows 10 update (version 1909)?

GColl11
Beginner

Have a laptop running with the above graphics set that no longer recognizes my external monitor connected to the HDMI port. It was working up to about a week ago, but suddenly stopped working. I can still connect to a VGA projector via a VGA/HDMI adapter. Have checked cable and monitor both are functioning normally, but no longer work when connected to the HDMI port og the laptop. I have updated my Windows 10 system to version 1909. I attempted to download and install the latest driver that is designated for the UHD 605 and Windows 10 ver. 1909, but receive an error message stating "driver not validated for this computer"... Has anyone else run into this? or know what version of the UHD 605 driver I should be using?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This is the link to the latest driver, which is supported on W10 1909.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29195/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

To install, you may need to use the manual method:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

However, you should use ONLY the drivers provided by your laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
GColl11
Beginner

Thanks for the response. I've tried the *.exe file at that link previously and it failed. I've yet to try the manual method. I'll let you know how that goes.

0 Kudos
GColl11
Beginner

I just successfully update the driver manually, but the problem persists. The windows 10 display settings will not recognize a second monitor connected to the HDMI port. Guess I'll have to wait for a windows 10 patch.

0 Kudos
GColl11
Beginner

I have not been able to correct this issue, after spending much time with MircoSoft, Itel, and HP ensuring that I have the latest recommended software/firmware installed.

I have in the mean time gotten my external monitor back online using a work-around. It's not elegant, but it works...

So to anyone else having this issue, I have successfully made a work-around to reconnect and use my external monitor. That being to attach a VGA cable to the monitor, and connect to the HDMI port on my HP laptop using a VGA/HDMI adapter (since I have no other port to connect my external monitor).  That turned out to be approximately $7 for the 3 foot VGA cable and another $7 for the VGA/HDMI adapter on Amazon. Maybe not much in the long run, but a real annoyance given the time I've spent on "tech" support chats with MicroSoft, Intel, and HP with no answers this past week.

0 Kudos