Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Issue with IDSA constantly spamming the update notification window

Monique_Intel

This is Monique with Intel.  There is a known error for some IDSA users of our latest version released on July 28 (v20.8.30.5)  stating the IDSA update notification window in the lower right corner is continually popping up and causing a constant chiming sound. If you are experiencing this issue, please zip and post your IDSA files here to help us troubleshoot this.  The location for the IDSA logs can be found at c:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Logs 

Thanks for your help,

Monique with Intel Corporation

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Bughi
Beginner

Hello, I have this issue with this IDSA version. Here are my logs

0 Kudos
InfoTech
Beginner

This is happening to many of our laptops. They are all Lenovo. I have attached logs. For now i have disabled notifications.

0 Kudos
cklepp
Beginner

Thank you for looking into this issue. Logs are attached.

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@InfoTech  @Bughi  @cklepp This is Monique with Intel.  Thank you for providing the information, as it helped our team debug the issue.

We have released a fix for this notification loop on July 31 3:45p PST with version 20.8.30.6.  Once you update, please let us know if the fix resolved the spamming notification.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Bughi
Beginner

The update fixed the issue for me. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dmartsar
Beginner

Hello. After update the graphics drivers, constanly sapmming the update notification. Here are my logs

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@dmartsar  Hi and thank you for reaching out to us.  The files you provided are not the ones we need for our investigation.  Please go to c:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA (the ProgramData folder may be hidden, if you do not see it, change the View settings in Explorer to check the box for "hidden items").  Zip all contents of that folder and attach that zip here.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
dmartsar
Beginner
0 Kudos
dmartsar
Beginner

Hi. I can't  attach the content of download folder because exceed the maximun size. I attach a screen capture. Thanks

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@dmartsar   Thank you for all the information.  I've provided it to our developers and we'll post any findings to this thread.

Thanks for your patience,

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

Hi @dmartsar  and thank you for your patience.  Our developers have root-caused the issue to our application's handling of cached items being stale, so we are improving the handling of this and a fix will be included in our next release, planned for early February.'

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

0 Kudos