Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Issue with Lenovo / Intel UHD 620 Driver

KLind8
Beginner

Hello

Recently I have completed a fresh install of Windows 10 on my t470s. Any attempts to install the correct video driver (Through Windows Update, Lenovo System Update, or manually downloading from Lenovo/Intel) results in a quick black screen, followed by the system restarting. Checking device manager, Microsoft Basic Display Driver is still the installed driver afterwards.

I have tried going back a few versions on the video driver but it has resulted in the same issue so far. I have also made sure to update all other drivers, including the latest Bios.

It seems to be stopping Update 1903 from installing as it encounters an issue with the display driver.

I have since completed a fresh install with a fully updated 1903 Windows 10 USB - same issues described as above.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Microsoft is responsible for 1903 and Lenovo is responsible for the driver. Use only the lenovo driver. If you have problems, contact lenovo.

Now, while I do not recommend this, you can try the latest DCH driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28991/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t

Doc

0 Kudos
KLind8
Beginner

Thanks - I actually came here from the Lenovo forums after someone suggested posting here. I will continue to try Lenovo Support if that's my best option.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Lenovo is solely responsible for the support of your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos