Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Issues with Intel HD Graphics 4000 & Java Version 8

RMcDo6
Beginner

I currently have an issue when installing Oracle Java Version 8 (JavaSetup8u241), where by when launching this application the "Welcome to Java" screen is blank.

In researching this Oracle advise to disable anti-aliasing feature in the Intel HD 4000 driver - in doing this there is no change.

Current configuration:

HP Desktop 4300 SFF, i7-37705 CPU, 8GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro - Version 1909 Build 18363.592 (current)

Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver 10.18.10.4252 (current)

I have tried various options.

Applied updates for the Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver to the latest version 10.18.10.5100 - no change

Applied updates for Windows 10 Pro

Running the installation of Java 8 in SafeMode - no change

There is a lot of advice on the Web but I have not been able to find an answer as yet to this issue.

Hoping that Intel may be able to shed some light on this issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ronn @ Interface Communications

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds to me like oracle is trying to make the problem Intel's, when it is Java setup that needs to be fixed.

My question - Do you really need to install Java? Most users do not.

Doc

0 Kudos
RMcDo6
Beginner

In short yes I do need Java as I am using it in conjunction with JMRI for model railway control.

That is my problem not knowing which supplier to contact regarding this issue.

Fingers pointing in all directions ...... Cheers

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"In researching this Oracle advise to disable anti-aliasing feature in the Intel HD 4000 driver - in doing this there is no change."

So, Oracle gave you the wrong or incorrect answer. Ask them for the correct one.

Doc

0 Kudos
RMcDo6
Beginner

Hi Doc

I have emailled Oracle and I am currently awaiting a reply.

This is actually the URL for this so called fix - https://www.java.com/en/download/help/blank_controlpanel.xml

Thanks Ronn

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Hmmm.... Can you use remote desktop to access this machine? If so, I would try to access it via remote desktop, do the java update, and then log off remote desktop. It just may work.

Doc

0 Kudos
RMcDo6
Beginner

Hi Doc

I have tried both local access to the pc & remote desktop with the same results - when launching the installation application the "Welcome to Java" screen is blank

It is not an update but a new installation of Java (JavaSetup8u241)

Ronn

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RMcDo6

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at http://ark.intel.com/ > Product Status > "Discontinued".

We hope you find the information provided by other members useful.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Max44
Beginner
  1. Have a computer equipped with a Intel HD 4000 graphic card, for example the Lenovo ThinkPad T430.
  2. Have Java 8 JRE installed.
  3. Run the Java Configuration panel in Windows. Verify that it uses Java 8 by opening the About window.
  4. If your main display is an external monitor, using a different graphic card, like NVIDA, you can observe that the visual display is correct.
  5. When dragging the application window, or the About window, on the display using the Intel HD 4000, you will see visual defects on screen.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Max44

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The Intel® HD Graphics 4000 has been discontinued, and Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. Other community members may assist you further. In this case, we recommend you to create your own thread to isolate your case and work with other community peers for possible recommendations.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos