Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Issues with latest Intel Graphics DCH Driver

i5_1035G1_Sat24

Hello,

I am facing performance issues with latest Intel Graphics DCH Driver (27.20.100.8783) on Intel UHD G1 (Ice lake 32EUs),

When I am playing valorant FPS suddenly drops to 1 or 0 when shooting and firing, all settings are at lowest and I used to play valorant with constant 60FPS with no sudden drops before this update. I also rolled backed my Graphics driver but still the issue persists, help !

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello i5_1035G1_Sat24,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• I understand that you were able to play the game with constant 60FPS, Were any changes made prior to this behavior?
  • What is your operating system and its build?
  • Do you experience frame drops only with this game?

Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1.       Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3.       Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4.       To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

No changes were made previously in game setting or any other settings.

My OS is = Windows 10 Home, 2004

Other games also shows significant FPS drops.

I have rolled back to previous version 26 as it showed better performance before I updated it to 27 version but now this has also shown FPS drops in games which ran smoothly before, please tell if I should update it to latest version 27 again (but it shows even more FPS drops).

I am unable to attach the SSU file as it is an .exe file and not supported here. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Seriously? You have the tool create a text file containing the report and you attach it to your response.
...S
0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Ah, actually I was seeing wrong file , I was actually seeing Downloads but the report was in Documents. Ok So report attached here 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello i5_1035G1_Sat24,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello i5_1035G1_Sat24,

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

• I would like to confirm the driver previously tested. Is it the driver 26.20.100.8141?
  • Please provide a video of the game’s performance. You can attach it to the thread if possible.

Additionally, please ensure that your laptop meets the recommended requirements (Available RAM, VRAM) of the game to ensure top performance.  You can find the game requirements here.

Please make sure that you are using the recommended settings for this game based on your processor capabilities. For that please check this link.

That being said, I would like to know if you have tried the BETA driver yet? If not, you can find the BETA driver 27.20.100.8873 here.

Please let me know what the outcome is after testing the BETA driver for your graphics adapter.

I will be waiting for your response.

Esteban D.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Hello,

Yes, the driver previously tested was 26.20.100.8141 which was better than 27.20.100.8783.

Here are the gameplay videos 

With: 26.20.100.8141 and BETA 27.20.100.8873. The game settings are at Lowest in both the videos and PC environment is also same.

My laptop meets the minimum requirements for Valorant. (i5-1035G1 + Intel UHD G1 (32EUs) + 8GB DDR4 2666mhz RAM. )

At starting the BETA 27.20.100.8873 was making my my game unplayable at starting as you can see.

I think that performance with BETA 27.20.100.8873 was improving as I was playing more and more. 

The performance with 26.20.100.8141 was mostly stable and playable always.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello i5_1035G1_Sat24,

I appreciate the information provided.

I would like to further investigate this for you.

We will provide an update to the thread as soon as possible.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello i5_1035G1_Sat24,

Thank you so much for your patience and all the information provided.

I would like to inform you that this behavior is being investigated by the appropriate department.

For now, I would recommend the use of the driver 27.20.100.8476 as a temporary workaround.

In this thread we will be providing updates about this issue.

That being said, I would strongly recommend to keep checking the thread provided above for any news about this issue.

Please let me know if we can proceed with the closure of this thread to avoid the duplication of efforts and issues.

I will be waiting for your response.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Ok, You can close this thread.

I will stick to the thread you have provided in the reply. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello i5_1035G1_Sat24, 

Thank you for your understanding. We will keep the other thread updated, so please keep an eye on it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos