Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21076 Discussions

Just installed Intel driver update utility and was instructed to upgrade my graphic card. downloaded the G31/33 chipset driver as instructed but the installation failed again and again. Don't know what's causing it. Any help would be appreciated! I'm on a

jarth1
Novice

A bit more background. My Norton quick scan recently stops working properly. It hang up midway through the scan and wouldn't close. I searched for solution and one is to upgrade my video adapter driver. I did have some display problem so that sounded right. But when I tried to update the display adapter using Windows Device Manager, I got the message that the driver was up to date. Then I went to Intel's download center and but couldn't find any. "No update available" for the G31/G33 was what I got there. So then I downloaded the driver utility and it scanned, found my video card to be outdated and downloaded the new version. But the installation failed. I restarted the computer, the same thing. So here I am. Please help!

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi janejane99,

Let me know the current operating system of your computer, brand name and model of the motherboard.

Regards,

Mike C
jarth1
Novice

Mike,

I have a dell Inspiron 5303 running vista home basic with service pack 2. The processor is Intel dual CPU E2200 @2.2 GHz, 32-bit system.

jarth1
Novice

I just downloaded a network driver update and it works fine. So far only the media driver is having problem

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi janejane99,

I tried to get the latest drivers from Dell support page; however, I didn't get any results with the model Dell Inspiron 5303. I suggest you type the service tag number (included in the case sticker) onn the Dell support website. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04 Support | Dell US

It will give you the latest drivers for your computer.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
jarth1
Novice

Went to Dell support site and successfully downloaded the new drivers. Thanks so much for your help!

Have a Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello janejane99,

We are glad to hear you were able to solve the issue by following mikec_intel instructions.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

0 Kudos