Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Kaby Lake-G drivers, it's happening...

Bryce_Intel

Looong overdue and we know that's not right, so, we've been working hard on correcting this. It's been a long road to get new drivers for Radeon™ RX Vega M (codenamed Kaby Lake-G) and we're now dotting and crossing the last of the i's and t's to make it happen. I've been given a loose schedule and if all looks good, we should have the next driver mid to late July and posted soon after! After this next release it should follow a regular cadence. Stay tuned for more info if I get any before the release.

.:Bryce:.

1 Solution
Bryce_Intel

For those other OEM platforms (and it will work for NUC as well), it's live in the main graphics section too. I'm told future releases are targeting quarterly and since this first one took a while the next is actually just around the corner. Also, all the logistics are complete with this first one, so the following drivers should be much more timely. Remember that targets are moveable though and can get pushed out for various reasons so set your expectations accordingly. Thanks for hanging in there!

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19282/radeon-rx-vega-m-graphics.html

btw, I'm on Twitter now if you want to follow me, please do!  🙂 @theBryceisRt

View solution in original post

49 Replies
mSedek
Beginner

any news? was thinking that after the moderator post, the driver would come any minute now.. I rely on having the latest driver for my nuc in a legit way, not hacking and stuffing.. i mean, its been barely 2 years since I bought my device and it was highly advertised.. how comes now we are struggling to get a driver???.. the driver should even be supported directly from AMD as long as the vega lineup gets drivers

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Oh the anticipation, oh the excitement 🙃

I'm told they're reviewing some documentation (end-user license agreement) and once that's done it's ready to post. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow or Friday!

Thanks for the patience all, almost there!

btw, I'm on Twitter now if you want to follow me, please do! 🙂 @theBryceisRt

AndreT
Novice

Pole dancing software release...a first.
Anyway, thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

For those other OEM platforms (and it will work for NUC as well), it's live in the main graphics section too. I'm told future releases are targeting quarterly and since this first one took a while the next is actually just around the corner. Also, all the logistics are complete with this first one, so the following drivers should be much more timely. Remember that targets are moveable though and can get pushed out for various reasons so set your expectations accordingly. Thanks for hanging in there!

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19282/radeon-rx-vega-m-graphics.html

btw, I'm on Twitter now if you want to follow me, please do!  🙂 @theBryceisRt

VCoba
New Contributor II

And I also wanted to ask why you still haven't updated the driver for the integrated graphics (Intel HD Graphics 630)? 🤔 The latest version (27.20.100.8681) was released on September 15th, 2020! 😲 It's been almost a year!
If in the case of AMD it was possible to understand all these problems with updating drivers for their video card, then in this case, no one and nothing prevents you from releasing a more recent version. It all looks very strange...

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The NUC team does not post any version of the driver that has not been fully validated on that particular NUC. There have been plenty of releases of the driver since then and any of them can be used on this NUC (I have installed and used every version released). You can do the same thing.

...S

0 Kudos
VCoba
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
PRyan4
New Contributor I

Microsoft Version: 30.0.13025.1000 AMD Version: 21.30.25.01 causes:

"You need to restart your computer before the changes that you made to this device will take effect." for High definition audio controller on Hades Win 11, constant loop.

0 Kudos