Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

LG gram display looks like behind fog

Nordlicht
Novice

My LG gram display looks like it has a fog-filter over it.

The second LG 16MQ70 Display next to it looks right.

I have the latest Version 31.0.101.4146 installed.

During installation, the colors are for a short time right.

LG gram 17'' (2022)                                                  LG 16MQ70

PXL_20230303_113654370_1.jpg

0 Kudos
11 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This looks like HDR is turned on at the source (the graphics solution) but not at the monitor.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nordlicht,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your monitors.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

2. Were the monitors used to look the same color and brightness?

3. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

4. Did you test the monitor with a different computer?

5. Have you changed the monitor's settings?

6. How are you connecting the monitors (HDMI, DP, VGA, etc)?

Bear in mind that even though the monitors are the same brand, the models are different and the resolution, colors, and brightness could be different

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Nordlicht
Novice

Hello Deivid,

1.  My LG gram has a 12th Generation Intel Core i7 - 1260P

2. They looked the same a couple of weeks ago. After an update the color changed and I set up different brightness for colors under the Intel Grafik Controlcenter (something under 10) and lifted up the brightness off the laptop. Now two days ago I had several updates for the grafikdriver. One of these updates made the screen real dark and I set the brightness in the Intel Controllcenter back to 38 and it lookednormal. Then with the next update the display looked like on the pictue above.

3. It's a LG gram 17'' (2022); Modell17Z90Q-G.AA79G
The second display is a 16-Zoll +view für LG gram Portable Monitor mit USB Typ-C; Modell16MQ70.ASDWU

4. It's a laptop-display, so I can't test it in a different way

5. The color changing occured after updating the driver

6. The first display is the laptop-display, the second display is connected via USB-C Thunderbold

0 Kudos
Nordlicht
Novice
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nordlicht

Thanks for the information provided. Before we continue further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Is the HDR option enabled in Windows (as n_scott_pearson mentioned)?

2. Are you able to test with a different cable connection (HDMI, display port)?

3. Have you run all the Windows updates (including optional)?

4. Have you tested with the latest driver from LG (bear in mind that those are customized and ours are just generic)?

5. Please, check with the LG to confirm if this is a known issue on their side.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Nordlicht
Novice

1. HDR was/is disabled.

2. It Laptop, so no

3. Yes, but today there was a display update in the background  (30.0.101.1109) and the display went black and came up with the right colors again.

4. After the Windows update I uninstalled the intel driver stuff and run the LG Update (30.0.101.1369) and i still got the right colors.

5. So I stay without the Intel generic driver suff

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nordlicht, 

Thanks for the information. Before we continue further I would like to confirm if you need further support since you mentioned: "display update in the background (30.0.101.1109) and the display went black and came up with the right colors again."

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Nordlicht
Novice

Hello Deivid,

since it works now, i don't need any futher assistance.

I stick with the driver fro LG.

Have a nice day

thorsten

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nordlicht, 

Thanks for the confirmation, I am glad to know that your laptop and monitor are working as expected.

I will proceed to close this thread. However, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DaftHunk
Beginner

This happened to me today on my LG Gram 17 2022. Opened LG Smart Assistant looking for the extend battery life setting and clicked on "custom setting" on the dashboard just to see what that was about and bam - display turned super bright and faded. Couldn't turn it off! Cheers LG!

I tried updating the graphics driver on the Intel Driver & Support Assistant site, choosing clean install, rebooted, but that didn't fix it.

Then I went to Device Manager and uninstalled Display driver. Scan hardware to re-install it and that did the trick.

I won't be randomly clicking anything on the LG Smart Assistant dashboard any more!

0 Kudos
Nordlicht
Novice

Last week I accidentally ended up in the recovery mode, after the LG-Intel-display-driver from December was installed.

After formatting and rewriting the EFI-partition, I was able to start my Windows again.

To get rid of the latest display-driver I deleted Display in the Device Manager.

After that, as you said I got the hardware re-install and the display looks good again.

0 Kudos