Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20688 Discussions

Lagging & Bad performance while multitasking using Intel UHD Graphic 630

Cornysz
Beginner

Hello. So i have a new laptop, used it around 5 days and then after i downloaded some app, running it for browsing, or etc. And now my laptop got some random lagging after i multitasking (opening like chrome, micro. word, WA, etc thats not game). The lag effecting minimize or closing app, sometime i got around 5 sec freeze or not responding status, and it's very bad. I'm running multitaskingly because i think my spec can handle that easily (SSD NVme, Intel i5 - 9) but suprisingly my device is not as expected.

I don't know what is the causes of the lagging coz of new laptop, I'm confused while troubleshooting/searching the laggy causes because of that. New laptop should work flawlessly without any error right?

But my guess is something wrong with my Intel UHD 630 GPU, while my device lagging, I ran my Task Manager to monitor my Intel GPU, and the graph is throttling. I'll insert all my photo and dxdiag here.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Cornysz
Beginner

Oh yeah, some app (like device manager, some app setup) have little blurry on the text, dunno the causes of this. And the lagging is not only in the minimize or closing app, I usually spam my windows button to check the lag, and yeah, the start menu appear slowly and stuttering and someitme i refresh my desktop (right click, refresh) and it's lagging too.

NOTE : My laptop not always like this, but i feel the lag usually after multitasking just like i said. I think running WA, Line, Chrome (YT) it the same time, my spec can handle it all smoothly.

0 Kudos
Joseph1
Beginner

Same here! I just installed the new version of the intel and it says everything is fine, but when I restart my computer and open it it just always flicks and lags I couldn't even play games properly what should I do?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you running the drivers that were provided by your laptop vendor? If you have dual graphics, this is an absolute must.

...S

0 Kudos
Cornysz
Beginner
How do i? At the time I'm using my laptop for the first time, I checked all my driver version using Driver Booster app and I immediately update it.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Why do users insist on using apps like "Driver Booster"?  You never know what payload it contains or where your information is going. 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Cornysz,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

Our peers are right! For a system with hybrid-graphics, the best is to use the drivers provided by the original manufacturer, please let us know if you already contact them for support on this matter. If not, please provide me with the below report so I will be able to guide you and may provide some helpful steps:

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to chan

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Cornysz,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Cornysz,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos