Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Laptop Screen Freeze randomly with multiple horizontal lines on screen

BillySong
Beginner

Recently , I have just received my brand new laptop. Ever since, I have been experiencing where my laptop screen will just frozen with multiple horizontal lines randomly during Zoom conferencing / running video playback. During that moment, my main laptop monitor is not responding and have to hard reset. However If I am connected to external monitor , I still can navigate on secondary monitor to restart my laptop(but not on my main laptop monitor), the background video conferencing/ program is still running.  

I have done clean uninstallation and reinstalled both graphic drivers on both my NVIDIA RTX 3060 and even intel UHD drivers.  This didn't help with the issue of random freeze of laptop screen.

I have tried disabling one of the graphic card thru Bios, and it worked well on d-GPU for almost a week without the issue. However when I run solely on i-GPU , this issue occurred again randomly.

Since is a new laptop, I have just basic programs installed.

I have use both Intel System Support Utility and Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool to create my system information. (Do note that I had disabled my NVIDIA card GPU, as i believe issue could be on the Intel UHD GPU)

Anyone could help to provide the solution to my laptop? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Brand new laptop with these problems?   Return it to the manufacturer for repair or replacement.

Also, use ONLY the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer and NOT the Intel generic drivers.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
BillySong
Beginner

Thanks for the quick response. Apparently, the manufacturer mentioned they have never have this issue before even testing on the same model on their end. Hence, I would like to find an alternative solution before sending back for service, as it will take longer time without having a replacement laptop. 

I have searched thru the web but it seemed no concrete solutions . Since I was doing some testing, hence highly suspicious issue might be in the i-GPU.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You could have a faulty unit.  Send it back.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]