Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Laptop screen flickering on integrated graphics but is stable on discrete nvidia gpu

Spoiler
Beginner

This started about a week ago. I'm using an acer triton 500 with intel uhd 630 integrated graphics. When using the laptop on 144hz mode the screen flickers. However if i load up a game, the screen is stable while running on the discrete gpu.

When i set the screen to 60hz , the flickering appears to stop. I've been using this laptop for a few years and ive never encountered this.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers and updating them, but the problem persists.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Spoiler,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing flickering issues with your laptop.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Did the unit use to work as expected before?
  • Do you recall any Windows or driver updates before the issue started?
  • Try different monitors and display cables. Use straight connections with no video adapters/dongles in between.
  • Check if the flickering issue happens inside the BIOS configuration screen (To access the BIOS, check with Acer Support).
  • Make sure that the operating system is up to date:
    • Click the Start button.
    • Search for Windows Update.
    • Click Check for Updates and run all pertinent updates.
  • Update the Intel graphics driver:
    • Check with the laptop manufacturer to install recommended drivers on your system. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM).

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Spoiler
Beginner

Hello Jean. Thank you for the response

1. The unit was fine till about a week ago. This is the first time anything of this sort has happened.

2. There were no windows updates prior to this, to my knowledge 

3. Issue does not happen on external monitors

4.The flickering occurs on BIOS screen too

5.Operating system is up to date

6. Issue persists with OEM drivers. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Spoiler,

If the display screen flickers in the BIOS then the evidence points toward the hardware. In Windows, it can happen due to the drivers. But in BIOS the drivers are not involved. So, I would like to recommend you contact Acer support for further troubleshooting or, if possible, a hardware inspection for your laptop.

As we recommended you contact the laptop's manufacturer we will now close this thread. If you need additional information, please, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos