Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Latest driver for "Intel HD Graphics 530" throws error "The installation package is not supported by this processor type".

KMuni1
Beginner

My desktop has "Intel® Core™ i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz Processor" with "Intel HD Graphics 530" and is running on Windows 10 (64 bit).

The "Intel driver support assistant" tool reported that there was an "update available".

I downloaded and tried to install but at the end I got a message "The installation package is not supported by this processor type".

I tried on Aug-29-2018 and again on Sep-22-2018 (on both occasion, the "Intel driver support assistant" displayed x.x.x.6286 as latest version)

On both dates, I downloaded driver package win64_24.20.100.6286.exe and my attempt to install the same simply failed yielding the same error message.

Is it a false alarm from "Intel driver support assistant" tool to say that there is a new driver available?

What was wrong?

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Note: Even today "Intel driver support assistant" tool displays the same driver version 24.20.100.6286 as the latest but is really "uninstallable" on my desktop. Please refer the attachment Intel HD graphics 530.zip.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello marmayogi,

Thank you for joining our Intel ® Community.

In this case, you are correct; the latest Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 in our Intel® HD Graphics 530 is the Version: 24.20.100.6286

We are currently performing further research in order to address your question and to check what is causing this behavior in the Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

We will reach you back as soon as we have an answer.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello marmayogi,

Thank you for your patience.

The reason that you cannot update to our latest Intel ® generic drivers (.6286) is because based on your Dxdiag report, a customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver since it is provided by your computer manufacturer. Installing a generic Intel® driver (.6286) instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver can cause technical issues so we encourage you to contact https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

You can install the generic Intel® Graphics Driver but you risk losing functionality or causing other technical issues. If you want to install generic driver, please follow the steps specified https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html here

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello marmayogi,

We just wanted to double check if you need further assistance?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
KMuni1
Beginner

Hello Diego S.

Thank you very much for your prompt replies.

As you suggested, I downloaded latest driver from manufacture's website (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28240/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88345 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 ) and installed on my desktop (win64_25.20.100.6326.zip; size:374.81 MB) successfully and this time, it worked like a charm!

I, once again, thank you and I appreciate you for helping me in resolving this issue successfully!

0 Kudos
KMuni1
Beginner

Hello Diego S.

Thank you very much for your prompt replies.

As you suggested, I downloaded latest driver from manufacture's website (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28240/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10%3Fproduct%3D88345 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 ) and installed on my desktop (win64_25.20.100.6326.zip; size:374.81 MB) successfully and this time, it worked like a charm!

I, once again, thank you and I appreciate you for helping me in resolving this issue successfully!

0 Kudos