Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Latest driver of Intel HD Graphics 630 makes playback video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 distorted.

VMerč
Novice

Hello. I ran into a problem with latest versions of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 or the new CC 2020. On new versions I get the warning at the start that recommended driver version of Intel HD Graphics 630 must be 100.6286 or later. I updated Intel driver to the latest 26.20.100.7372 (date: 10/30 2019) and now playback of clips in Adobe Premiere is distorted. Especially with clips in motion, like panning to the left or right, the video playback is distorted like a wobble/jello effect or a huge rolling shutter. Everything in Premiere settings is normal. Doesn't matter if GPU Acceleration is CUDA, OpenCL or Software Only, the problem is still there.

I tried to roll back driver to the previous versions of Intel drivers but it's all the same with latest 2019 Intel driver releases. I rolled back the driver which I had when everything was okay which is 21.20.16.4599 (Date: 02/01/2017). This driver works fine with old versions of Premiere Pro 2019 (v13.0) where there is no warning of recommended updated Intel driver at the start. If I ignore the warning and run the newest versions of Premiere with old Intel driver the playback is also a little distorted and it doesn't work smoothly. So the only solution for now is to have old version of Premiere Pro CC 2019 and old version of Intel HD Graphics 630 driver.

Also the weirdest thing is when I tried to record screen with oCam software to show someone how playback in Premiere is distorted, the playback suddenly works normal if I’m recording screen. When I stop recording the screen, it goes back to distortion. Crazy.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any idea why this is happening? 

I have:

ASUS ROG GL753VE, Windows 10 Home, x64

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.80 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB GDDR5)

RAM: 16GB DDR4

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VMerč
Novice

UPDATE: I figured out the problem. Video distortion is called screen tearing and is caused by non-matching refresh rates. I removed and installed again both latest versions of graphic drivers. Then I turned on VSyncn in NVIDIA control panel and that solved the problem.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should use only the drivers provided by asus for your laptop, especially since you have dual graphics.

And, you should be on WIndows 10, version 1903, WITH ALL UPDATES.

And, you need to contact asus for assistance with their laptop. They are solely responsible for your support.

Doc

0 Kudos
YC0001
Beginner

Hi VMerc,

I am just a ASUS customer as you are, I am experiencing this effect https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T_AcOrBfKBTKeZW0YeHncJV92Ljz8y83/view?usp=sharing

in Edge and Films and TV.

I am curious if you can show your issue in a video form?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You should update both graphics drivers (NVIDIA and Intel), downloaded from Asus site.
  2. The latest NVIDIA driver Version 25.21.14.2546: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/DriverforWin10/VGA/VGA_D_NVIDIA_legacy_Kabylake_Win10_64_V2521142546.zip
  3. The latest Intel driver Version V23.20.16.4849: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL753VD/VGA_Intel_Win10_64_VER2320164849.zip
  4. You should take care to update Bios and other drivers. All this you will find in Asus site: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-GL753VE/HelpDesk_Download/

Leon

0 Kudos
VMerč
Novice

Well, I installed all drivers you listed but unfortunately the issue still remains. Intel driver that you listed is not the latest, it's from 2017/10/27 and when I opened Premiere 2019 latest version I get the warning about updating Intel driver like I wrote. Distortion in Premiere looks like that: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C3_jqhflAcYHVIzVo9VV49nFgx0DAdCG/view?usp=sharing

It's the most noticeable when there's moving. Thanks everyone for trying to help.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Actually the Intel driver 23.20.16.4849 is dated 2018/03/05 rather than 2017/10/27. Did downloaded the right version? This is not the latest DCH driver release by Intel, however this is the latest driver released by Asus for your laptop. Therefore my advice was to install this driver instead of 26.20.100.7372 or 21.20.16.4599.
  2. Is the bios updated to the latest version 308, dated 2019/06/06? https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/GL753VE/GL753VEAS308.zip

Leon

0 Kudos
VMerč
Novice

Yeah, I see that on Asus site it says 2018/03/05 but when I installed (directly from your link) I checked in Device manager under properties it said 23.20.16.4849 and 2017/10/27. I think all drivers on Asus site have a little later date than the actual driver date which is listed in Device manager. BIOS is updated to 308, I updated all other drivers that are listed on Asus site.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello VMerč,

I would like to point that what the community has said is accurate it is recommended to use only the drivers provided by Asus for your laptop especially since you have hybrid/dual graphics.

We recommend you to contact the system manufacturer in order to ask them to release a newer customized driver version for your laptop to run the latest software version that requires a higher version than 100.6286.

Also, we would like to take a look into this behavior in our lab, can you please provide detailed steps on how to test this scenario?

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
VMerč
Novice

You mean I should contact official ASUS service and tell them about my problem?

I'm not sure what detailed steps you need. Like I said, If you have latest version of Adobe Premiere 2019 and install latest driver of Intel HD Graphics 630 on some ASUS ROG laptop, you will most likely get this problem with distorted video playback in Premiere.

Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact ASUS support for assistance with their laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
VMerč
Novice

UPDATE: I figured out the problem. Video distortion is called screen tearing and is caused by non-matching refresh rates. I removed and installed again both latest versions of graphic drivers. Then I turned on VSyncn in NVIDIA control panel and that solved the problem.

AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello VMerč,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad you got it working, hopefully this will help other peers.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
RRaje8
Beginner

Hey Vmerc. You really are a life saver.

I just made an id here to thank you for posting this service.

Finally updated the drivers and turned on vsync. Everthing was fixed.

0 Kudos