Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1 version 3496

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Windows* 7/8/8.1 GFX Driver Version 3496

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3496 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: Driver Download http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23713 here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23713/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3496_32.pdf here

64-bit: Driver Download http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23714/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3496_64.pdf here

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

98 Replies
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert_U.

My system:

Windows 8.1 x64

Intel i7 4700MQ, Intel HD 4600

x1 slot 8GB of RAM

nVIDIA GT 755M

Everything is up to date, but the Intel HD drivers, still got 3412 (in my message I mistakenly wrote that I got installed the 3496 right now. Of course no, I have the 3412)

That txt is done with the 3412 driver. Do you want me to install the 3496 driver and attach here that same info?

0 Kudos
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

Ok, there you go, here I post my problems using 3496 in Windows 8.1 x64:

It takes like 5 secs to load every context menu that contains the 2 Intel Graphics items: "Graphics propieties..." and "Graphic Options".

If I right-click in a file, it doesn't appear any Intel options in that context menu, so it loads instantly.

Where has gone the "Graphic Options/Profiles/Display Profiles" option in the context menu?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

For the issues seen with the game Thief, we have a preliminary root cause for the issues some are experiencing when playing

Thief. We are continuing to investigate the issue and will post updates on this thread.

Robert

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

Hi Robert. Please see my previous posts. I'm showing this latest driver is not HDCP compliant. Will that be fixed?

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi Robert,

this is what can i see when start Intel control panel

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

Halo 2 is broken with this driver , flickering textures and stuff on intel hd 4000; snooping through some forums it came out that driver april/march 2013 could play it perfectly, please fix it

Update: Managed to reduce texture artifacts on windows vista(but still glitches), by lowering everything to absolute zero; but in windows 8.1 it doesn't change a thing

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Germain, We are looking into the HDCP issue you are seeing.

@ suyash691, What driver version from 2013 are you using that works fine with Halo 2?

Robert

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

April 2013 drivers on windows 7 works perfect(from a guy who uploaded youtube videos of halo 2 on intel hd 4000).

GFX_Win7_64_8.15.10.2639_PV on windows vista caused glitches but in less intensity as compared to windows 8.1 with latest driver (personal check)

0 Kudos
DJend
Beginner

hi

i need this drive rutin

ACPI\ISCM100

to laptop name : Intel r Education Solations (mg101a8)

S/N: 4031401019000022

thankyou

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

Thief has been entirely fixed with the latest thief patch thank you intel team @Robert_U any eta on the trials evo and halo 2 fix?

Odear
Beginner

Failed.

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

I checked all the previous drivers and out of them all 9.17.10.2932 is the most recent driver that works perfectly with halo 2

0 Kudos
KYosh13
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having trouble with downloading the new graphics driver for titanfall. My laptop keeps giving me a message saying that this is not supported by my laptop. I keep following the instructions uninstalling my old driver, and restarting, and then downloading the new one, but it doesn't work at all. I have a lenovo x230t.

This is my full spec:

ProcessorIntel Core i7-3520M (2.9 GHz) 4MB L3 CacheVideo CardIntel HD Graphics 4000Display12.5" Multitouch Antiglare LED-backlit (1366 x 768)RAM16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz (2 x 8 GB)Hard Drive500 GB 7200 rpmOptical DriveUSB DVD+/-RW External Included in packageWirelessIntel 6205 802.11 a/b/g/nEthernetGigabitBluetooth4.0Webcam720p Front HD WebcamFinger Print ReaderYesPortsVGA, (1) USB 2.0, (2) USB 3.0, LAN, DisplayPort, HD Headphone/Microphone, 4-in-1 card readerWeight3.70 lbsDimensions (HxWxL)1.10" x 12.00" x 9.00"Battery6 Cell (up to 8 hour) BatteryOperating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64bit

Is there any way that I can fix this problem?

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Hello.

I re-ran the whole MadShaders v0.3.0 test program (all shader apps) and found out two things:

1) Compatibility issue

There are more broken OpenGL shader programs with v3496 drivers than posted above in my previous post.

The new list is here:

a) Crash in # 6254 test

b) Corruption in:

Generators redux

Distance Estimated DoF

Britney's Spaceship

Carnival Ride

Fractal Cartoon

Flaring *

Dolphin

* About flaring I'm not sure which rendering is right, yours or Nvidia's !

Maybe I have to run it on AMD's HW too.

2) Performance issue

The OpenGL driver seems not multi-threaded in most shader apps (almost all).

The CPU usage is most of the times ~50%, when on my Nvidia system the CPU usage is almost always 100%.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ NikosD, what are your system specs?

0 Kudos
RFrei1
Beginner

There is a langugage detection issue with this driver, as now the control panel is displayed with the wrong language (english) here on my German(Swiss) Windows 7 OS. Previous drivers worked correct and detected this as a german OS. The base german LCID is 0407 while the swiss subset of that is 0807 and this is not correctly handled anymore by the driver laguage selection detection as an german OS, which is wrong.

Please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd318693(v=vs.85).aspx Language Identifier Constants and Strings (Windows)

You should only use the "Prim. lang. identifier" to detect that base language of the OS Language and not the full LCID, as so the sublanguages, as Switzerland, Austria, Luxenburg and Lichtenstein, are lost and and not detected as german. All this sublanguages should also get the base language, which is german.
0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ monkeybabe, we are investigating the language issue you reported.

0 Kudos
MGene
Beginner

FYI

hdmi audio hardware issue with this driver.

hdmi is connected to Yamaha av receiver. when the receiver is set to output "pure direct" audio, it repeatedly switches 'on and off', that is to say, the pure direct mode seems to try to engage and disengage continuously. but as long as an audio file is playing (while in pure direct mode,) it will stay engaged and play fine.

this symptom is not limited to playback in media software. as a test, if pure direct mode is engaged on the receiver while in the windows 7 desktop, this symptom is observed.

when connected to a dedicated video card (nvidia) hdmi port, the above does not happen. the receiver retains the hdmi (handshake?) signal.

the reason I'd like to use the Intel's integrated hdmi output is it's support of 88.2kHz and176.4kHz audio formats. the NVidia video card does not support these audio formats via hdmi.

I can playback up-sampled or down-sampled 88.1 & 176.4kHz files from the nviida hdmi port, but i'd rather have the file's unaltered bitstreamed data going to the receiver and playing that back in pure direct mode.

I have tried ASIO and WASAPI software drivers, but the same symptom occurs. there was some temporary headway made by changing the media software's buffering/latency values while using the ASIO driver. the rate of the "engagement" altered a bit but that's all.

0 Kudos
SHeus
Beginner

@Netflix users: I recently switched the TV in my setup.

Before: Asus P8H77-I -> Pioneer VSX-921 -> Miari 32" TV (HD Ready)

Now: Asus P8H77-I -> Pioneer VSX-921 -> LG 50PS3000 (Full HD)

Now Netflix DD+ works fine. Weird.

0 Kudos
nyour1
Beginner

I have problems with the game Empire Earth.

There are graphic issues that make this game unplayable.

System i use:

I5 4200u

8gb ram

Windows 7 64 bit ultimate and Windows 8.1 it doesnt matter .

error exists in both windows versions

I tried all availabe drivers. The Issues are in all of them.

here is what the issue looks like:

Seems like im not the only person that has this issues since there is this youtube video.

Can this please be fixed? this game works perfectly with Intel HD 3000 . But with HD 4000 it does not work

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

@sh83

Please give full model number for the Miari 32" TV.

I admit, that was odd. Could be possible that there was a DHCP issue, or TV not DD+ capable (poor communication might override the AVRs information). Even so, a bit odd this would play out as you describe; I know for a fact my TV is DD+ capable.

0 Kudos