Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1 version 3496

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Windows* 7/8/8.1 GFX Driver Version 3496

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3496 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: Driver Download http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23713 here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23713/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3496_32.pdf here

64-bit: Driver Download http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23714/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3496_64.pdf here

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

98 Replies
KZhen4
Beginner

Hotkey bug report for driver win64_153318.

My laptop is Lenovo X230, HD 4000 graphics, i5-3210M CPU, 8gb ram, windows 8.1 update 1 x64.

After upgrade to this version of driver, something is wrong with the hotkey function, I disabled the rotate hotkey, but the igfxHK module still hold the hotkeys, only do nothing for response.

So I can't use any of these hotkeys in other software, this is really a trouble.

After I killed igfxHK module in task manager, the hotkey in other software works well.

I fall back to 10.18.10.3325, and this version works well without any bug.

0 Kudos
LAkri
Novice

When will the headless / remote desktop / black screen issue get resolved? I am stuck using some slow generic Windows driver for graphics so that I can remote desktop to the NUC when the monitor is turned off. I have even tried the newest beta driver, the 3540, and it still does not resolve the problem. These Haswell NUCs have been out for 6 months now, this is ridiculous.

PMeck
Novice

My NUC D54250WYKH with Windows 8.1 cannot be reached via Remote Desktop / VLC / TeamViewer once the display, connected to via HDMI, is turned off. I've tried every driver issued since I own this device (November 2013), the lastest ist Version 15.33.18.64.3496 (10.18.10.3496) from 03/11/2014. No changes, the issue is not resolved and was already confirmed by Intel in this thread:

We were told to report the problem here ... any news?

JKafk1
Beginner

Yes I would also like to hear any news about this issue. I recently purchased a NUC for personal use and to test for use in installations - there is no way I will recommend the NUC until this issue is resolved - and with this having been at least an issue since the above user stated approx 6 months ago, I'm not holding my breath...

0 Kudos
PMeck
Novice

I'm using NUC like devices for all my clients and remote assistance via tools like TeamViewer is essential for both my clients and me. The two NUC D54250WYK I have deployed at the moment are useless in that regard, as I cannot provide support for them as long as the monitor / TV connected to them is switched off. This is a waste of time and money and needs to be fixed, otherwise I have to switch to other devices not having this problem.

0 Kudos
ATayl10
Beginner

This is also how I planned on using the NUCs (headless remoting in via teamviewer and having them run 24/7 as media servers). I have planned to purchase 50+ initially after testing, but we may have to find an alternate solution. No monitors will be used on any of the devices. If this can not be fixed, we can not use these units. Sad.

0 Kudos
KNg8
Beginner

Hi,

Setup:

I'm using Intel NUC - D5425OWYK. The CPU is only connected to my network wired; it has no keyboard / mouse / monitor attached. The only way I can access it is through remote access.

Issue:

Whenever I remote access in, it will start with a black screen followed by colored desktop fragments when i start moving my mouse around remotely. It is not due to my internet connection / bandwidth as I've tested it with other exact same CPUs: I've bought 9 of them.

The only difference is that the one that displays the desktop correctly, has a monitor attached to it when it boot up. The display driver is updated to the latest available. A monitor is not what I want to leave with the CPUs since I do not need it.

Please look into this issue (remote access to view the desktop when it has no monitor attached) and have a fix for it, thanks.

0 Kudos
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

Hi, latest drivers are not working 100% in my laptop. I've posted it a few days ago. Context menus (that contain Intel Graphics options) take like 5 seconds to be displayed, and it should be instantaneously.

Windows 8.1 x64, i7 4700MQ, Intel HD 4600.

Fix it, please.

0 Kudos
FP_
Novice

Hello, i've HD4000 and since the last 2 drivers versions when playing the game "Warface" and try to buy warboxs the game just crashs and i get a message saying that the game stopped working. This doesn't happen with older driver versions, it was something that was changed in the last 2 versions.

To see what i mean and if you don't know the game, here's a example: http://youtu.be/jP-HhcwDGqU?t=53s Warface WarBox Saiga Scar-H Desert Eagle - YouTube (it opens the warboxs menu but when i click "buy" it crashs)

Please fix this in the next update.

0 Kudos
RPasq1
Beginner

Hi Robert_U

I am not new in the discussion I started it with Nick last October but gived up since that time.

I am coming back.... Tada!!. Well, my issue is still my Asus Taichi21 with the HD4000 driver. today I installed the new Bios from Asus for this machine: Bios version 210 that was supposed in conjunction with the latest Intel HD driver provided by Asus too ( Version V10.18.10.3412 ) to solve the back lid display (tablet side) problem. In fact totally useless. it wont works.

Any solution....

Thank you

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

^^^^OMG dude you guys are still dealing with that Taichi21 issue? It's been forever. I finally gave up and traded the Taichi21 in for $$$. Sorry to hear this

0 Kudos
Odear
Beginner

HDMI works with F3 bios update but resolution still not fixed. See link above.

0 Kudos
YMizr
Beginner

I wrote this post on another thread but I think it should be here too...

I bought a lenovo G710 with intel HD 4600 + Nvidia Geforce 720M combo, when I installed windows 8.1 everything was fine but after I applied all windows updates I got the Infamous Black Screen of Death,

Anyway, after deep search in Google I found that windows update KB2903939 is causing this issue,

I removed the update and everything started to work, no more Black Screen and latest Intel Driver works great.

This is the link to the forum which I found the answer:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_update/kb2903939-causing-black-screen-with-windows-81/b182f8f1-e7da-471f-ab4a-d5ea0f52cade http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_update/kb2903939-causing-black-screen-with-windows-81/b182f8f1-e7da-471f-ab4a-d5ea0f52cade

Please let me know if it helped you,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DLal
Beginner

Hi, I am nursing with various reliability issues after installing this new driver update. The desktop menu takes about 5 seconds to display its menu after right clicking. By right it should be instantaneous. On the other hand, the graphics performance is great but it drains a lot of my CPU performance. Therefore, the games like Call Of Duty Black Ops (2010) will lags when initially launched and stutter thus prevents it to run smoothly. But it seems to be bizarre that the game will gain its total performance back after 2-3 minutes later when playing. (The previous driver does not have this issue). I am impressed WITH the Anti-Aliasing option that has been made available in the graphics control panel. However, F1 2013 shows a black screen start up when Anti-Aliasing option is manually disabled in the CPL but regains its normal state when the anti-aliasing is set to application control. Here would be some of my recommendation for Intel to apply fixes on the next update:

1.Further optimized driver to reduce its memory footprint.

2. Reduce the Load on CPU resources.

3. Improve quality and performance on OpenGL, Open CL, and DirectX compliant application.

4. Enhance viewing experience by optimizing multiple ultra high quality images to deliver a powerful solution for Microsoft office applications (such as power point, word and excel).

5.(Reviewing back recommendation 4) Improve Performance on slide shows images and image editing via Microsoft office applications.

6. Add more OpenGL support.

7. Improve application launch speed.

8. Further tuned gaming playability and performance.

9. Improve user experience when watching 4K Ultra HD Videos at higher quality without sacrificing its performance.

10. Add custom resolution option in the control panel start screen at the "Display" tab for easier customization.

11. Provide better compatibility with visual c/c++ application.

12. Add check for update button option on the control panel start screen that allow user to automatically check and download driver updates for their system directly without having the hassle to browse and search manually for latest driver online.

Please do consider all or some recommendation suggested above if you think it is appropriate.

Here is my system specification:

Lenovo G480 (Laptop):

Windows 8 single Language 64-bit

Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2020M

(2.4 Ghz/ 2MB Cache/ 1600MHz)

10GB DDR3 RAM (After upgrading)

500GB SATA 3 HDD

Thank You.

0 Kudos
DBitn
Novice

CPU: Celeron G1820 (Haswell)

Driver version: 10.18.10.3496

Motherboard: Asus H81M-E

RAM: 4 GB

BIOS: 0809 (latest)

Problem # 1

When I play Half Life 2 episode Two, I have flying textures. This scene is just at the very start of the game.

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-232481-236130/ep2_outland_010000.jpg

The problem is semi persistent. Sometimes I have it sometimes I don't. It also happens that some textures become white or purple.

Problem # 2

In this game scene when you are in the train, and you look up at the wormhole, the game crashes and message in the notification area says "Driver for windows 8 crashed and recovered...". It doesn't happen always. Only sometimes.

--------------

To ensure that this is a problem with exactly Windows 7/8 driver, I tried the following:

1. Played this game with NVidia Geforce 650 on the same system. No problems.

2. Played on Ubuntu Linux with the same Haswell HD graphics. No problems.

3. Played on Windows XP with the driver downloaded here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3656&DwnldID=22875&ProductFamily=Embedded+Components&ProductLine=Embedded+Graphics+Drivers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics&keyword=14.56&DownloadType=Drivers+%28Embedded%2c+for+Developers%29&lang=eng Download Center . No problems.

This problem seems to less affect other games. But sometimes I have black squares in DosBox and in some console emulators. Which are fully 2D applications.

Also flying textures appear in EA Harry Potter 1. I know this game is old and not supported, but my kids wanted to play it.

I tried clean installation of Windows 7, with clean drivers, without any additional software and updates. Also I tried it with latest updates for windows 7. No effects on the problem.

With the previous driver version HL2 EP2 used to freeze for 5 secs at the start. Now it does not.

0 Kudos
JKafk1
Beginner

headless / remote desktop / black screen issue

this really is a game killer - I am assessing these for a major installation, using possible 100s, but not having being able to access these when the screen is off - this is unacceptable.

is there any chance this gets resolved soon?

0 Kudos
CHutc
Beginner

I am experiencing difficulty using Fullscreen. This happens with several games, including Titanfall. Switching to Fullscreen causes the game to scale such that the upper left quandrant of the display area fills the entire screen. The resilution using the Titanfall in-game menu can eventually be adjusted so the display area fits the screen, but the resolution where it fits is abysmally low. Titanfall runs well inside the window, but the window tab at the top is very distracting and prevents me from using my entire screen.

There are more issues with resolutions and fullscreen/window displays that are more dofficult to describe. For example, sometimes if the resolution in a window is set too high, the resolution displayed in the Titanfall (or some other games') video options menu becomes decoupled from what the size of the window actually is.

On occasion, the cursor and the location Titanfall (some other games too) recognizes as the location of the mouse becomes offset. As such, it is only possible to click something in the window when the cursor is down and to the right of the target item.

I have the following hardware

Macbook Pro i5 with Intel Iris HD 5100 on Windows 7 64 bit under boot camp.

I don't think I ever had the "Titanfall" Iris Beta driver. I do have whatever current release driver for Iris Window 7 64 bit as of the date of this posting.

Even if you think some other hardware/software is causing this problem, any help/direction is appreciated.

0 Kudos
FLoiz
Beginner

I have a flickering problem with my Intel i7-4702MQ (Iris HD 4600) under Windows 8.1. Especially visible on dark areas, e.g. if a desktop application is using a dark theme. Normally people report flickering issues of games but this one is related to the Windows desktop. There is no way to alter the frequency in Intel settings dialog, only one option is available (60p Hz).

Is this a known issue of this driver version?

I know here are some users with exact the same problem but thats mostly older threads.

0 Kudos
DBitn
Novice

silizium

Are you using VGA connection? I am using VGA, and have flickering too. The flickering also happens before windows is boot, so it can't be the driver. It could be motherboard problem.

0 Kudos
FLoiz
Beginner

No, I'm using a notebook with integrated Intel GPU. The flickering appears only slightly on dark areas of the Windows desktop. If I set the desktop background to gray the whole area is wafting as it would be that the refresh rate is too low. If I set the brightness higher I can surpress this effect. But I have no flickering at boot time.

0 Kudos
RStei4
Beginner

Hi Robert,

this driver (Module igd10iumd32.dll) causes a reproducible crash in Lync (Screensharing session -> Fullscreen).

Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (10.18.10.3496)

Error: APPLICATION_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_READ_igd10iumd32+ef10

Stacktrace + Infos: http://pastebin.com/NfqKdX1N Lync / Intel graphics crash - Pastebin.com

Is this a known error?

Thanks.

Robert

0 Kudos