Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Latitude 5300

ollie
Beginner

Hi,

I have a latitude 5300 laptop.

Can I connect one monitor to the HDMI port (this will be a MDP monitor on a adaptor) and a further monitor through the USB-A port with a port replicator (this will also be a MDP monitor on a HDMI adaptor).

Will this work correctly? The monitors are Apple 27inch MDP cinema screens. If not is there another way to connect the two monitor successfully.

Many thanks,

Ollie

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ollie
Beginner

I mean USB C port

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In theory, this should work, though I have been told that HDMI-to-DisplayPort adapters can be very finicky. DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapters are seemingly everywhere, not so the other direction.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ollie,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I was wondering if you have any update about this matter?

Were you able to test the new adapter? If so, were you able to use the desired configuration?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
ollie
Beginner

Hi, it appears to work independently with a port replicator then HDMI - MDP in the USB-C port or the HDMI - MDP, but I am waiting for another adaptor to test both screens at the same time. 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ollie,

Thank you so much for your response.

I understand, please let us know once you are able to test both screens simultaneously.

We will be waiting for your update.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ollie,

I was wondering if you have any update on this matter.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
ollie
Beginner

It works! 2 displays and the laptop screen. One monitor off the HDMI port with a MDP adaptor. The other from the USB-C port with another MDP adaptor. However the USB-C to MDP adaptor wont work through a USB-C port replicator and will only work straight in to the USB-C port.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ollie,

I’m glad to know that the unit is working as expected now and that the recommendations provided by the community were useful.

As the unit is working now I will proceed with the closure of this inquiry.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos