Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 11 // MIPI-Camera // Ubuntu Linux 23.04

Alphaphi
Beginner

Hi Folks,

like so many before me I had to realize that this laptop's webcam is not running under Ubuntu. This is very unfortunate as I have to run around now with an external webcam.

If I understand the situation correctly, the problem is that Intel is not releasing any information on how to develop a driver for Linux.

Of course I'm aware that Linux users are not as relevant as Windows users, but still I have paid a lot of money for the hardware, and a simple "sorry, don't feel like it, and what is Linux again?" isn't quite enough for me.

Any hints on how to get this camera working are very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Alphaphi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

Based on your issue, it is important to mention that Intel develops drivers for Intel products only. Since you are experiencing problems with your laptop's webcam, you should consult with Lenovo Support for further troubleshooting. If you suspect that it is related to a driver problem, only the OEM will confirm whether or not the operating system has been validated to work with your system and check if they have a customized driver for your product.

Since you are having issues with a non-Intel product, the best course of action is to contact Lenovo for support. We will now proceed to close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos