Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Low fps on overwatch even with matching intel in-game settings

lionkat2
Beginner

I'm having trouble getting decent fps on overwatch.  Even after going into the lowest settings, updating drivers, using the in-game settings intel suggests, and doing all I thought of, I am still struggling to achieve more than 60 fps on overwatch. I have a Intel UHD graphics 630 card and an Intel core i5-8400 processor and the game feels unplayable. I was hoping there is some solution to my problem as I have no idea whats left to do.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
lionkat2
Beginner

Here is the text file from the program you said to run.

0 Kudos
lionkat2
Beginner

Can you please explain any steps to fix issues? I received a message asking if things were resolved, however nothing was resolved in the fps issue on Overwatch. Thank you

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello lionkat2

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

It is worth mentioning that FPS will depend on different facts and not only on the graphics controller. For instance: if it is an online game, the Internet bandwidth, if the computer is wired or wireless, type and capabilities of the hard drive (SSD, HDD, M.2), amount of memory RAM, type of display and connection, OEM limitations*, etc; and then the graphics controller works based on available resources.

Following the recommended settings at gameplay.intel.com this should allow for a playable game; however, playable not necessarily mean reaching more than 60 FPS. Please check the recommended settings based on your processor model:

https://gameplay.intel.com/CPUAndGameSelected/Index/126687/647471/0

Since the game is available at gameplay.intel.com this means the validation team has tested the game. However, could you please provide the information below so we can try to replicate the behavior and check this further?

1- Display brand and model:

2- How are you connecting the display, please provide details about cable types and video ports used on both sides (computer and display).

3- Are you playing Overwatch Legendary Edition or Standard Edition?

4- What is the average FPS that you are able to achieve?

5- Have you checked the Overwatch Performance (FPS) Issues** (e.g. checking your latency) or contact their support team for debugging assistance from their side?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/39980

6- Could you please provide a video showing (a) the game settings and (b) the behavior while playing the game? Please also let us know if you have any other behavior, for instance, game lagging, crashes, etc.

7- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Note:

*In general, on a pre-built desktop PC from a third-party manufacturer (e.g. HP, Dell, etc.) the configuration is similar to the configuration on a laptop, in that it might have limitations by design from the manufacturer.

**Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello lionkat2

We have not heard back from you, so we will proceed to close the thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos