Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

MS Outlook partially freezing

TheMixy
Beginner

I have a Windows 10 PRO INTEL NUC ( i7-10710U ) computer with MS Office Home&Business 2019 installed and I use 2 4K displays (one connected via display port and another via hdmi cable).

Computer is fully updated (Windows, Office and INTEL drivers via Intel driver assistant).

Since I bought the computer in December 2020 I'm experiencing problems with Outlook, especially with the message window. It often happens that part of the window acts like is frozen (can't click on anything or can't select text from the body of the message), but on the other hand part of the window works just fine (for example the menus).

As I'm writing this post I'm writing a new email and the status of the message window is:

• frozen/irresponsive: message body (text), ribbon/menu
  • working: from, to and cc fields

I have no similar problems whatsoever with other Office products (Excel, Word) or other Windows products.

What I have already tried:

- complete reinstall of Windows (with hard drive format)

- complete reinstall of MS Office 32-bit (2x times)

- uninstall MS Office 32-bit and a fresh install of MS Office 64-bit

- manual reinstall of Intel graphics drivers (3x times)

- (un)checking the enable graphic acceleration in Outlook options

Nothing helped.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Thank you.

M

0 Kudos
27 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TheMixy

Thank you for providing us with all these details, the screenshot, and the Intel® SSU report. After checking all the information, at this point, our final recommendation is to replace the device.

We recommend reaching out to Intel® Customer Support through phone or chat and review warranty availability for your Intel® NUC. Here is the "Contact us link". Please make sure to select your country or region and to contact us within your local business Support hours.

Also, we will send you an email to the email address associate with your profile to provide you with information you may use as a reference when you contact Intel® Customer Support.

Note: If you are within the first 30 days from the date of purchase, we recommend contacting your place of purchase first to check the warranty options for your system.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TheMixy
Beginner

Thank you.

Last week Intel released a new graphic driver (30.0.100.9684) so I installed it. I'll give it a few (working) days to see if maybe this makes any difference, otherwise I'll replace the unit.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TheMixy

Thank you for your response. Perfect, please test with the latest generic graphics driver version 30.0.100.9684, and feel free to post back any feedback regarding the behavior.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TheMixy

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Did the latest graphics driver 30.0.100.9684 help to solve the issue? Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
TheMixy
Beginner

Hello,

well the problem is less frequent, but still remains.

Also, it's not limited to my NUC unit, because now I'm also experiencing it on my work HP Elite Desktop workstation with Intel graphics (i7-6700 processor)...

*workstation also has Windows 10 PRO with MS Office Home&Business 2019 installed.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TheMixy

Thank you for your response and for the feedback. In this case, our recommendation is to contact Intel® Customer Support through phone or chat and review warranty availability for your Intel® NUC following our previous instructions.

In regards, to the issue with the HP* workstation, our recommendation is to check this further with the computer manufacturer for further assistance and debugging. For your convenience, here is the link to HP* Support.

Note: In case that further assistance is required once you replace the unit, we kindly recommend posting a new question in the Graphics Forum, and please feel free to share/refer to this post as reference information.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now from our site. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
TheMixy
Beginner

OK, thank you.

0 Kudos