Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Graphics Driver Installing problem

idata
Employee

I just Installed my PC windows 7 Ultimate and I can't Install Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Graphics Driver Problem is "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" My computer is HP dv5 1220et Please advice...Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If you are receiving this error "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer", see below for a possible solution.

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm having the exact same problem on my Dell Inspiron 1440 as khiri27. I'm pretty sure this is the correct update for my chipset and I do meet the minimum requirements listed in the readme. I've tried running it as an administrator and through the command prompt with the same result.

I don't get any message about a customized computer manufacturer driver. I've checked the Dell website and they don't have anything that incorporates the 8.15.10.2141 graphics update.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm having the exact same problems! I also have a dell inspiron 1440, and I downloaded drivers manually but I still got an error! What do I do!? My graphics driver is also causing problems with the rest of my computer! When I run online games, the graphics card flips out, and then my wifi adapter fails to see or receive any wifi!! I have eliminated all other sources of my wifi problem. I also have the exact same driver as zabrak.

0 Kudos
djens3
Beginner

I have tried to update my g45 from driver 8.15.10.2302 to ....2869 twice in the last few months. both times after about 5 minutes I get the error message " one or more components unable to ..."

computer is clean, drive check in safe mode is good and ran tweaking.com windows for file check etc. before and after attempts.

what's the 411?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

You may try looking for any previous or current version of the driver installed from the Control panel, programs and features, locate any entry similar to Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator or video driver and remove it. After that, restart your system and try to install the generic driver again using the instructions on this article:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm Graphics | Have Disk Driver Install Steps For Microsoft Windows 7*

If the issue persists, try again but use a registry cleaning software before trying to install the new version, just to make sure that in fact the drives is properly removed If the operating system was not able to do so. You can also try using an older version just to test. Otherwise the issue might be in just operating system registry which may require an OS repair or re-install.

0 Kudos