Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Monitor VGA se congela con Drivers Intel

DOrel
Beginner

Hola, hace tiempo tengo mi monitor con entrada VGA y funcionaba normal, luego compre una tarjeta grafica NVIDA GT 1030 de 2GB y un dia solto una actualizacion de drivers intel (tenia el asistente de instalacion de drivers de intel) y los instale, reinicie el ordenador como pedia y desde entonces empezo a congelarse la pantalla, se trababa a tal punto que formatie la computadora pensando que era problema de la computadora.

Desde entonces no puedo utilizar mi ordenador sin tener como pantalla principal una television conectada con un HDMI y si utilizo dividir pantalla (para aprovechar ambas pantallas) corre normal pero al pasar OBS o Word a la pantalla con graficos intel (la del VGA) se congela el ordenador de nuevo.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I cannot make out what you are saying. Please explain yourself better and use short succinct sentences.

...S

0 Kudos
DOrel
Beginner

If I connect my computer to my VGA input monitor, it freezes, freezes, and does not respond to such an extent that it is impossible to work

If I connect my computer with an HDMI input tv, it works normal

If I connect both screens, when I pass any program or document to the VGA input screen, it freezes at times

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am still confused. Where are these monitors connected? To the NVIDIA card? To the motherboard? Which?

Normally, when you install an add-in graphics card, the BIOS will disable the internal Intel graphics engine and let the add-in graphics engine take over. This being the case, you would have to connect the monitors to the NVIDIA card. Intel's graphics is not in the picture at all and you shouldn't be attempting to install any Intel graphics driver updates. This being the case, you need to discuss this issue with NVIDIA.

...S

0 Kudos
DOrel
Beginner

my graphics card only has one slot and it only supports HDMI, so I have connected the monitor with HDMI input to the graphics and the monitor with VGA to the motherboard.

The problem I have is that if I leave only the VGA monitor connected (which is connected to the motherboard) the pc no longer reacts, it freezes.

But if I connect the HDMI monitor to the graphics, they both work and it seldom works

The problem is that the HDMI monitor is my mother's television and due to the problem with the INTEL graphics that were updated, the VGA monitor no longer works if the HDMI monitor is not connected

one solution is buy a new monitor with HDMI input but i don't money

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you are going to have that NVIDIA card plugged into your system, you must have a ​monitor connected to it. If the output is HDMI and your monitor only inputs VGA, then get a dongle that converts from HDMI to VGA. They are cheap.

...S

0 Kudos
DOrel
Beginner

but is it the only option? because before I recognized the 2 screens having or not the hdmi more because I worked with the vga

and it was when I updated the intel drivers (having only the VGA connected) that it started to freeze and that's why I had to connect the HDMI

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Let's back up for a moment. What do you mean by "freeze"? Be very complete in your description.

...S

0 Kudos