Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Monitor will not stay in standby.

TMell2
Novice

I have an ASUS Prime Z370A motherboard with an Intel 8400 processor (Intel UHD Graphics 630, driver 24.20.100.6194) and an LG 34UC97 monitor on a data port.

When the monitor goes to standby (after 20 minutes in my case) a message comes on saying "no video monitor will shut down shortly". The message then disappears and the monitor shuts down but quickly reawakens in 5 seconds & displays the same message again.

This will repeat until the computer actually goes to sleep (after 1 hour). This began after driver win64_15.65.5.4982. If I reinstall this driver it works fine.

27 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello tmellor,

Thank you for your patience.

I wanted to keep you posted and let you know that we have been working on this in our facilities. I apologize that we have taken some time but we are looking into this so we can address this the best way, I will be letting you know when the testings have been completed, again, my apologies for the delay.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello tmellor,

So far we have tested with the following setup:

• Motherboard: MSI Z370 gaming pro carbon
  • BIOS: A60
  • Processor: Core i7-8700K (UHD Graphics 630)
  • Memory: 2x4GB (dual-channel) DDR4 Kingston
  • Monitor: Acer B286HK connected via DP-to-DP (v1.2) straight cable.
  • Driver: 24.20.100.6226

And followed the steps below:

1. Connected monitor DP input to motherboard DP output.
  2. Boot to Windows.
  3. Set Power Settings to 'Turn screen off' after 2 minutes and 'Sleep after' 2 minutes.
  4. Waited for screen to go off and system to go to sleep.

However, the issue was not observed, we are currently looking to get an Asus* motherboard to have a more accurate setup to the one you have in order to test this further.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JGali5
New Contributor I

Intel:

In order to reproduce the issue please use an ASUS motherboard

And

Configure the power options to turn screen off only (no system sleep / hibernate)

3. Set Power Settings to 'Turn screen off' after 2 minutes and 'Sleep after' 2 minutes.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello tmellor,

Thank you for patiently waiting, I wanted to keep you posted.

First, we are still not able to complete the testings due to not having an Asus* motherboard at hand. We are still working to get one as soon as possible to complete the testings with the most accurate setup. Nevertheless, there has been a new driver release, please refer to the link below, download it and kindly install it to see if the issue is addressed here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790

Let me know the outcome.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello tmellor,

We have not been able to reproduce the issue with the hardware we have on-site, thus, we recommend you to report it directly to the motherboard manufacturer. You can refer this thread to Asus* if you like so they can have more information about this. jogal, you can also refer to this since the problem seems to happen with Asus*.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JGali5
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with an ASUS HERO IX motherboard (Z270) and an Asus PA249 monitor connected by DisplayPort.

It only happens with the new drivers branch 24.20.xx (tested 24.20.100.6025, 24.20.100.6194 and 24.20.100.6136)

When it is supposed to enter stand-by the image is turned off but the backligth is turned on / off every five seconds. That way it stays indefinitely, so I can not use the new drivers.

0 Kudos
BMickey
Beginner

Hello,

I had to revert graphics driver all the way back from current 31.0.101.2111 to 23.20.16.4982 ('win64_15.65.5.4982' package) after buying new monitor (Philips 329m1rv), because monitor standby is not working correctly. On plain HDMI-HDMI connection! The behavior is exactly like in the video in this thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/DP-monitor-wakes-every-30s-in-Windows-standby/m-p/1405717.
CPU is an i5 8400 on Asus B360M-A mobo. On other graphics cards (AMD/nVidia) everything is ok, so is on previous monitor.
It took me "only" few days to figure it out. Now all I see is Intel moving everything to legacy "support". (And of course you cannot download very old drivers from intel.com). Yeah right, I'll never buy anything from Intel.

0 Kudos