Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Multiple Monitors

MatthewM
Beginner
I have a Dell Optiplex 9010 PC I'm trying to set up with 3 monitors. I've done it before (Optiplex 9020, i5-4590S, HD Graphics 4600) but this one has a different processor and Graphics Driver.
Processor: i5-3507S
Intel HD Graphics
Driver Version: 10.18.10.5059
Driver Date: 8/16/2018

I'm using 2 DP cables and 1 VGA. When all 3 are plugged in the 2 DP show up and the 3rd doesnt. If I unplug a DP the VGA will display. Power cycling computer or monitors doesnt work. If I set one of the other monitors to be the main display I can get the 3rd one to turn on and the 1st one to turn off. But never all 3 at once. All 3 monitors are the same model BenQ will display if I swap them to my other Dell. Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
This issue has come up before. There is something about the way that Dell configures the VGA connectors in their hardware that creates this limitation.
If you use DisplayPort daisy-chaining or a Multi-Stream Transport (MST) Hub device, you can connect two or three monitors to a single DisplayPort port. Do a search for "MST Hub" on Amazon.com to see examples of the devices available (there are versions with both DisplayPort and HDMI connectors).
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
MatthewM
Beginner
Thank you for your response!
I gave the MST hub a try and didnt have much luck with it. It connects multiole HDMI to a DP cable. With it I was able to get all 3 monitors on, but the 2 connected to the hub are duplicated instead of having 3 continuous monitors. I wasnt able to adjust any settings to change this.
I realized I made a typo in the original post, the processor is a 3570-s, not 3507-s. And I dont know whether there are workarounds, but this particular processor was not on the list of products that support 3 monitors. So I could be out of luck or maybe just need to keep messing with the MST. I'll update later if I find a solution and search the other forums to see if someone else has. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello MatthewM

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.   

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/ 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards,  

David G  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, the i5-3570s supports three monitors, so this should be possible.

Presuming that this isn't simple a configuration issue (you have specified that the desktop be extended to both of these displays, right?), this is sounding more like you plugged in a HDMI splitter device than a MST Hub device. Send me full product name for (or better, a link to the product) that you purchased.

...S

0 Kudos