Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

Multiple VRR switch

Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi,

I just find that there are in total of three places in my computer that can turn on the variable refresh rate: the windows default graphics setting, the arc control and the intel graphics command center(which seems to have a few more options related with VRR). However, I am wondering which one is the one I needed to enable VRR and which one can take full advandtage of the extended VRR range in my monitor OSD?

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

To activate Variable Refresh Rate on your system, you must enable it from both Windows graphics settings and Arc Control so it can be enabled at an OS and driver level correspondingly. There is no need to use the Intel Graphis Command Center (IGCC), Variable Refresh Rate is included in IGCC since this is our old graphics Software, however, future updates and features will be included in Arc Control only.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for your explanation. However, I am still wondering how can I make full use of the 'extended' VRR option within my monitor(in the IGCC, there is an adaptive sync plus option to enable so I am a bit confused if that does not work).

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

MUC_0-1702937125516.png

MUC_1-1702937148766.png

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

If the "Extended VRR" settings are located in your monitor's OSD menu this is a monitor feature and there should not be a need to activate something else besides Variable Refresh Rate since this is an industry-standard, if there is anything "extra" the monitor offers its hardware should take care of it, however, I can double check this with our team, for what I see on the reports you shared you have an LG ULTRAGEAR, however, could you please share the full monitor model or if possible a link to you monitor website.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

My monitor is 32GP83B from LG.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

Please start with this option described in the operation manual and see if you can enable the settings on your computer shown above.

MUC_0-1703025570350.png

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

Thank you for sharing your monitor model. Based on the manual from the manufacturer that you can get from here as well as the screenshot shared by @MUC it does not seem to be something extra to be enabled to take advantage of the Extended adaptive sync feature on your monitor, however, as promised in our previous post we will double check the information with our team, I will get back to you as soon as I have the information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

After checking this with our team allow me to let you know that the "Adaptive Sync Plus" option enables VRR to work at low frame rates which is not a typical scenario using Discrete graphics, hence why this is not included in Arc Control at the moment. we recommend discontinuing the issue of the Intel Graphics Command Center since it is not necessary to activate VRR from there and continue to use Arc Control only. So only by activating VRR should work fine with the extra features your monitor has.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

I wanted to follow up on this topic and check if you might have further questions that we can assist with. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

This is what the manual says:

Bill_da_da_0-1703744696335.png

And I think in the driver's panel there should be options to enable the support of such feature like the one on the NVIDIA panel:

image.png.24798d11becbbe46e64e719e40f24b6e.png

I am wondering how can I enable such feature on intel Arc?

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

In the case of our Intel® Arc™ A770 GPUs, there are no other settings available and just by activating VRR, it should allow you to take advantage of the full refresh rate rate available for your monitor. To activate VRR follow these steps:

1. Go to Intel® Arc™ Control(Alt+i)
  2. Select Display
  3. Select Per-Display Settings
  4. Select Enable Variable Refresh Rate

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

I see there are no further questions related to this topic so we will no longer monitor this thread, as mentioned in our previous posts, in the case of our Arc GPUs, you only need to activate the VRR settings through Arc Control to take advantage of the adaptive Sync feature, there are no extra settings that need to be enabled. If you need further resistance with any other issue, feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos