Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Multiscreen doesn't work anymore since Windows 10 1809 update

PGira1
Beginner

Hello,

Since the Windows 10 1809 update, my second screen connected with HDMI on my laptop doesn't work anymore.

It happened at the time of the update (just before the screen worked, just after it stopped working).

I installed the latest drivers up to date.

Windows settings no longer display the second screen.

The screen itself and the cable still work well (tested with another computer).

The screen only displays "no input signal".

Laptop model : ASUS UX501JW

Graphics cards :

-Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200

-Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

The Windows diagnostic tool says "The current graphics driver has known issues" but the same version was working on update 1803.

The drivers (last updates) :

- Intel : installer 15.40.41.5058, driver 20.19.15.5058,

- Nvidia : installer 417.35, driver 25.21.14.1735.

See attached SSU.txt and DxDiag.txt

Any Ideas ?

Thank you.

Pierre Girard

(sorry if my English is not perfect, it's not my native language)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PGira1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. This issue can be related to comparability with the Operating system (OS) and the Intel® graphics driver version (15.40.41.5058) installed on the system, you are currently using Windows® 10 1809 (October update build 17763) and the Intel® graphics driver version .5058 on the release notes informs that the compatible OS is up to Windows® 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803 build 17134) Reference link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28163/eng/ReadMe64.txt Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PGira1 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PGira1
Beginner

Hello

The second screen started working again during a reboot (although I had already restarted several times and the drivers did not change).

Mystery...

Problem solved.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PGira1 Thank you for the information, I am glad to hear that the issue was solved on your system. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos