Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

My Acer Aspire goes to all lines when it sleeps. How can I stop it?

DEpst
Beginner

Whenever my computer goes to sleep, the screen goes to a white background with colored lines. How can I get it to go back to the old screen?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

How about some information, like the complete processor model number, operating system, etc?

Also, have you contacted ACER regarding this? Have you updated using their drivers and bios?

Doc

0 Kudos
DEpst
Beginner

It seems to be a driver problem as I search on here. SEVERAL people had the same issue. I am just trying to figure out how to fix. Has something to due with a graphics driver update that caused it. How do I fix it. I have an all in one aspire desktop. Only 6 months old. Here is what is posted from last month in a discussion:

"I have found the latest intel driver that works for Intel HD 530 is 4550, this is likely the same driver that will work for 520. Any later driver up through 4815 (latest driver out as I type this) results in the lines after sleep. After reinstalling this driver I then used microsoft's http://https//support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window show and hide update troubleshooter to hide the microsoft update (ie prevent the driver from updating) which would have taken it to 4749, which of course does not work.

Hopefully this will get you back going until intel investigates what is going on.

If anyone from intel is reading this, the problem existed on a gigabtye motherboard z170xp-sli with intel 530 for me."

0 Kudos
DEpst
Beginner

It seems to be a driver problem as I search on here. SEVERAL people had the same issue. I am just trying to figure out how to fix. Has something to due with a graphics driver update that caused it. How do I fix it. I have an all in one aspire desktop. Only 6 months old

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You still have not provided any information.

What is the processor model number?

Explain these lines and how they occure. What exactly happens when the ACER goes to sleep?

Have you contacted ACER, and have you installed their drivers and updated with their bios?

To figure this out, we need more information. Your first place of contact is ACER for drivers and BIOS. Once you have completed that, then maybe we can help.

Several people having the same or a similar issue is not enough for you to bypass ACER.

Doc

0 Kudos
DEpst
Beginner

You would rather reinvent the wheel. I see that. I am telling you I HAVE THE EXACT same issue as SEVERAL people had under the SAME circumstances with the SAME drive. What is described above is exactly my issue. The issue seems to be with your graphic update HD520 that was done on the 24th-- when the problem occurred. I have not contacted ACER since all I have found related to this issue says it it an INTEL issue.

I have an Apsire C24-760

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What you do not understand is that the COMPLETE processor model number is needed to identify what graphics you have. If you believe you have HD520 graphics, fine. The OS is needed so we can direct you to the proper driver for HD520 for your OS.

But, if you believe you know best, then you can find the latest driver here. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88355 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 520

Now, do not be surprised if this does not work. When it does not, come back to this thread, and be a little bit more cooperative. We ask questions so we can give the best advice.

Also, you REALLY should update from ACER first.

Doc

0 Kudos
DEpst
Beginner

I don't think I know more. I think you are unpleasant. I am trying to solve a problem and I am not a "techie" I don't know where to find all the information you are asking for and you are NOT being at all helpful. Your attitude is really nasty. Barking at me to tell you stuff that I don't even know where to find. Try asking if I know what the model number is and where to find it!

I think it is i361006 but I have no idea if that is the number you are looking for. I am a customer. You are a technical support person. Act like one!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am not a tech support person. I am a volunteer, trying to help people like you who will not answer simple questions.

Now, first question: Have you gone to acer and updated with their latest graphics driver (Yes or No).

Question 2. Have you updated with their latest BIOS (yes or no).

Question 3. What Operating system are you running? You should know that. Tell me so I can tell you how to get more information.

Also, my asking if you have been in contact with acer is because it would be reasonable to assume that other users of the same equipment would have the same problem. Acer would know that and could help you with a solution.

So, calm down and answer the 3 questions above. Then we can move forward.

Doc

0 Kudos