Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

My CPU's motherboard supports intel g41 chipset, but has g33/g31 chipset, how to update?

SKund1
Beginner

I have Mercury PIG41Z motherboard. It supports intel g41 chipset family display adapter, but i have intel g33/g31 chipset adapter installed.

Can't play games for this problem. Need help to update.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Something is wrong. You cannot have BOTH a g41 and a g31. I suspect a documentation error in the first image.

Now, are you asking about an update for windows 10? If so, windows 10 is not supported on either chipset.

Download and run this utility, then attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Then, an Intel support engineer will be able to assist you.

You should note that the g41 and g31 are from 10 and 11 years ago. Hardly capable of the requirements of today's games, and no update will make it any better. This also means your hardware (motherboard, processor) is 10 years old. The best option is for you to get a new(er) system that is supported and has the graphics support you need.

Doc

SKund1
Beginner

The first image is a snapshot of the pdf of the motherboard's specs. You said that it is not possible to have bot g41 and g31, but that's what i have, and i don't want to update for windows 10.

I don't want to play today's games, i play old games like COD 2 , Halo CE, POP two thrones, etc.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, just because the motherboard specs say you have a g41 does not mean it is correct. Like I said, it is likely a documentation error, or you are looking at the documentation for a newer revision of your board.

Run the utility as I asked, and attach the results.

Until we know for certain what you have, we cannot provide an update.

Also, as I said, an update is really not going to make a difference on a platform this old.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, if you have both a g41 and g31, why does your first image not state BOTH?

Doc

0 Kudos
SKund1
Beginner

Here's the result of the SSU

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

As I suspected, you have a G31.

Here are the drivers for your graphics: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81520/Graphics-Drivers-for-Intel-G31-Express-Chipset Downloads for Graphics Drivers for Intel® G31 Express Chipset

Doc

0 Kudos
SKund1
Beginner
0 Kudos