Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

My intel graphics 620 does not recognize my Acer AL1921 monitor

RFele
Beginner

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

How are you connecting to the monitor from your device/motherboard? HDMI cable? Get a better hdmi cable.

What is the model number of your device/motherboard?

What version of WIndows 10? 1909?

Doc

0 Kudos
RFele
Beginner
I am using an HDMI cable. The cable has been checked on another computer. The devise is a S3409 Medion laptop. The type and name of the motherboard is unknown to me but the laptop has been checked recently by the supplier. Using Windows 10,version 1909. Thanks in advance. Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The existing cable may work with one monitor and not another. Get a better HDMI cable.

Medion is responsible for support of THEIR laptop. Contact Medion for support.

Doc

0 Kudos
Lewis-H
New Contributor I

Yeah, the current acer intel driver is clearly not compatible, I had the exact same problem on my e5-576g. I was able to get the official intel driver to install via the device manager.

--

Lewis

0 Kudos
RFele
Beginner
I removed the Inteldriver and reinstalled the Mediondriver.That made it possible to work averything properly when working with the Inteldriver. This stopped working when the computer was swithed off. So the computer or Windows does not “see”the monitor. I will contact medion for further help. Thanks for your reaction, RF Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

He is talking about a Medion laptop and Acer monitor, not an Acer laptop.

For laptops, the "official" driver is the one provided by the laptop manufacturer. Yes, you can use the device manager and force a driver install. But, not using the manufacturer supplied driver will cause you to lose customizations/modifications. And, if you have dual graphics, you will create problems by not using BOTH drivers from the manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
RFele
Beginner
I reinstalled the Mediondriver. That results in a proper working, however when the computer is off and on again the adjustment is gone and I have to go the Graphics driver again to get it working again. That is cumbersome. The computer (or Widows) does not recognize the monitor. I ‘ll contact Medion for help. Thanks for your reaction, RF Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10
0 Kudos