Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

My system does not meet the minimum requirements

Kevlee
Beginner

When I try to install any Graphics driver software version 3.11.10 It went through the setup process and when it was installing I got an error message saying "Your computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software". Why does it say that?

My System specs:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro(10.0.19042 Build 19042)
Physical Memory (Installed): 4 GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz
System Type: x64-based PC
Display Adapter(s): Intel(R) HD Graphics 8.15.10.2900
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard.
System Model: HP ProBook 6450b

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your i5-520M graphics are not supported on Windows 10.  All you have is the Microsoft generic graphics driver which lacks performance and features.

It is time for you to take the laptop to a recycle bin and get a new or newer laptop.  I suggest one with an 8th gen or greater processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Kevlee
Beginner

Okay. I guessed as much, on the verge of getting another but i need to know the one that's good for 3D animations and is within my budget. Any Specifications?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This forum is for technical support of Intel products.   You need to shop a site, like newegg (for example), to explore cofigurations within your budget.  The key here is what are the requirements of your 3D animation software.  The software manufacturer can tell you that, and your wallet will tell you the budget.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Kevlee,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and are helping you. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel®️ Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Josue O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos