Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

-NEW- 25.20.100.6326: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 (has a little bug)

rrrocha
Beginner

I have a VAIO VJF155F11X-B0511B (with an Intel® HD Graphics 620 graphics card) and after installing the new Graphics Driver v25.20.100.6326 whenever I try to access the Windows 10 Control Panel, your window opens and closes immediately ... If I go back to the previous version of the driver the problem ends. Has anyone had this problem? Thank you.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You must get the drivers you need from sony.

Doc

0 Kudos
rrrocha
Beginner

Hi Al Hill, what SONY drives are you talking about? My notebook VAIO FIT 15S i7 has Intel chipset and all drivers (network, bluetooth, storage, audio and video) are always automatically updated by the "Intel Driver and Support Assistant" via browser whenever a new version is available from Intel ... As I said before, the problem of incompatibility with the windows 10 control panel window occurs with this latest version of Graphics Driver 25.20.100.6326, so much that I reinstalled the previous version 24.20.100.6286 and the problem no longer happens.

PS.: BTW, I also forgot to quote the symptom described by user "priv" in the "win64 25.20.100.6326 installer script problem" thread (/thread/130066 https://communities.intel.com/thread/130066) about the infinite installation loop, same occurs to me too!

Ricardo.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The drivers for your SONY notebook should come from SONY, as they may have been modified/customized for their hardware.

The Intel Driver and Support Assistant is intended for Intel platforms.

Doc

0 Kudos
rrrocha
Beginner

Ok At Hill... When I bought and set up my VAIO a year ago, the "Intel Driver and Support Assistant" has been installed and configured in the taskbar and whenever there is an update of an intel driver I am notified to download and install them, and I've never had a problem with that, except for this latest version of the Intel® HD Graphics 620 graphics driver... My VAIO notebook is Intel-based plataform, as you can check at https://www.intel.com/content/www/br/pt/products/devices-systems/laptops/standard/vaio-fit-15s-H62300831.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/br/pt/products/devices-systems/laptops/standard/vaio-fit-15s-H62300831.html

"the only difference from my model to that of the above link is that my screen is FHD (1920x1080), instead of HD (1366x768)"

I am not the only user on this forum who is complaining about this version 25.20.100.6326 which has a bug, including infinite installation loop.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are not listening. Sony is responsible for supporting your notebook, whether Intel-based or AMD-based. It is their responsibility to support you with drivers and issues you may have, and it is their responsibility to report to Intel such problems.

Doc

0 Kudos
rrrocha
Beginner

I'm not listening? I work with IT since 1979 (only 39 years experience)... Sorry buddy, but I'm not a newbie. Maybe I'm speaking Chinese here... You should hear the feedback from your consumers, which are generally faster than those of large companies. Version 25.20.100.6326 has a bug, including an infinite loop installation script error. I returned to the previous version 24.20.100.6286 which is working perfectly, while I will wait for the next version (free of bugs, I hope). Anyway, thanks for your support!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am not an Intel employee or contractor. And, I have you beat by 7 years experience.

I am not discussing 24.20.100.6286 or any specific version. All I am saying is where you should be getting your drivers.

Doc

0 Kudos
RVand41
Beginner

I also had to go back to 24.20.100.6286. The problems started with driver 25.20.100.6323 and got worse with driver 25.20.100.6326. With the new drivers I can't launch the Intel HD graphics control panel. OpenGL and Vulkan application crash immediately. I'm not using the latest Windows 10 build and the build I'm using is no longer listed as supported. But it doesn't seem to make much difference because others who do use the latest build also have these issues.

0 Kudos
rrrocha
Beginner

Alien-Grey, thank you for your objective answer! which is exactly what I needed to know since my first question on this subject: "Has anyone had this problem?"... Now I know that other users are also having issues and that I was right when I said that this version 25.20.100.6326 has some flaws... Let's hope that Intel will fix them as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
RVand41
Beginner

I've tried it again today. Downloaded and installed the driver with the Intel Update and Assistant tool. When the installation is complete and Windows reboots it asks me again to install the driver (endless loop). I click on cancel and tried to lauch the Intel HD Graphics control panel. It worked but than I reboot again and it no longer works.

I attached the information from the Intel Update and Assistant toolt and also addae the information from DXDiag to this post.

0 Kudos
RVand41
Beginner

Here's the Intel Update and Assistant tool information after the update.

0 Kudos
RVand41
Beginner

Hmm...

I see why it's so difficult to find this bug. I fixed it or Windows did it because I didn't do anything more than just leave the driver installed but now everyhting seems to work. I report back if it stays that way or not ???.

0 Kudos
rrrocha
Beginner

Yes, please... Try to open the windows 10 control panel window. If it opens quickly and close then it's a sign that the problem persists!

0 Kudos
RVand41
Beginner

The driver is unstable. After a restart sometimes everything works or doesn't at all. If after a restart I can't launch the Intel HD Graphics panel it crashes on every appljication I'm trying to run.

It would be better if someone that is running a supported Windows 10 build tries it and reports what's going on because my findings can easily be ignored.

Edit: Only OpenGL and Vulkan application crash immediately. DirectX and DDraw run fine all the time. That makes me believe the problem is unstable driver.

0 Kudos
RVand41
Beginner

I did try to open the Windows 10 control panel and there's no problem on my device with that even if the Intel HD graphics control panel doesn't launch.

Now I went back to the stable 24.20.100.6286 driver but I installed with the Windows 10 device manager. The next thing I did is install the Intel HD Display Audio driver from driver version 25.20.100.6326 with Windows 10 device manager and everything seems to work just fine. That makes me believe that it isn't the audio driver that makes the latest drivers unstable on my device.

0 Kudos