Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21068 Discussions

- NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Driver update posted for Haswell and Broadwell version 15.36.23.4251

Bryce__Intel
Employee

This update addresses several previously found issues and includes new features. Please see the http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25146/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15.36.23.4251.pdf Release Notes and excerpt below for details. As always, feedback is appreciated.

The 15.36.23.4251 has been posted to Intel Download Center at the following direct links to the drivers:

32bit - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25146 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25146

64 bit - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25143 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25143

This driver supports the following:

• 5th Generation Intel® Core Processors with Intel HD graphics, Intel Iris™ graphics, Intel Iris™ Pro graphics and select Pentium®/ Celeron® Processors with Intel® HD graphics for Microsoft Windows* 8.1, Microsoft Windows* 8 and Microsoft Windows* 7 operating systems.
  • Intel® Core™ M with Intel HD graphics 5300 for Microsoft Windows* 8.1, Microsoft Windows* 8 and Microsoft Windows* 7 operating systems.
  • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel HD graphics, Intel Iris™ graphics and Intel Iris Pro graphics and select Pentium®/ Celeron® Processors with Intel® HD graphics for Microsoft Windows* 8.1, Microsoft Windows* 8 and Microsoft Windows* 7 operating systems.

New Features in this release: 

New driver support for the newly launched H-series, R-series, and S-series 5th Generation Intel Core processors.

Display Scaling Option is Now "Sticky" User Preference

Scaling support in control panel has been changed to improve user experience. Previously, the set of scaling options available to the user was tied to the currently selected resolution and any change to the resolution caused the user selected scaling option to be lost. In the new implementation, the user selected scaling option is orthogonal to the current resolution and expresses the user's preference/intent for scaling behavior, regardless of the current resolution. The driver will remember this scaling preference and apply it for future display mode sets performed either in the graphics control panel OR via OS control panel.

Forced Application Scaling

The control panel also offers a new "forced application scaling" option where the user selected scaling option above for desktop will also be applied for full screen applications (generally games or media players), overriding whatever scaling mode the application and/or DirectX runtime/Operating System specify. This is intended to allow users to force "Stretch Full Screen" or "Maintain Aspect Ratio" scaling to address problems reported by users with games running in "Centered" scaling mode - particularly DirectX10 and 11 games and/or on Windows 8/8.1. Centered mode gives a bad user experience when running games as significantly lower than native resolution (e.g. to improve frame rate) on displays with very high resolutions.

Intel has identified several root causes for this behavior:
  1. Some games request https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb173066%28v=vs.85%29.aspx "Unspecified" scaling to the DirectX runtime upon full screen mode set. On Windows 8 and 8.1, for touch enabled systems, Windows converts this to "centered" scaling in the mode set call into the display driver. Microsoft has acknowledged this issue (CSS case 115021712411905/MSBU bug 5500783); the forced scaling option provided in this driver is a workaround for this Win8/8.1 operating system issue.
  2. Several games explicitly request "Centered" scaling. Intel has reached out to the game developers to educate them to request "Stretched" scaling instead and several games (such as Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare) have been patched to correct this behavior, but other applications may still have this issue.

In both cases, the new forced application scaling option provides a solution to allow the user to specify their preferred scaling mode.

This option is not enabled by default because it technically means that the graphics driver is not honoring operating system requests for mode sets and would cause WHCK test failures during driver certification. However, Intel strongly recommends users set this option when playing games at non-native resolutions, especially on Windows 8/8.1, especially for DirectX10/11 games.

<...
15 Replies
KFuji17
Beginner

x64 download is broken, please fix it

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

They were both working for me but I cleaned up the links, please retry, thanks.

0 Kudos
PTown
Beginner

A few things:

1) As mentioned, the x64 link is broken. Someone posted the mirror link in this topic:

2) This version seems to have re-introduced the issue with headless operation, in that I can't login with RDP software (logmein) if a physical monitor is not connected. This was an issue with older driver versions, wasn't an issue in the last version, and now seems to be an issue.

3) Does this release add any kind of support for EDID override? It doesn't seem like it. Are you guys still planning to add that feature to the windows drivers?

0 Kudos
CChri18
Beginner

Still link doesnt work

0 Kudos
MAlla4
Novice

64-bit download link still doesn't work. I flushed/refreshed browser.

12 hours later... 64-bit link still doesn't work.

Workaround until Intel gets it together: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25143inprocess/eng/ downloadmirror-origin.intel.com - /25143inprocess/eng/

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

There was a system error with the 64bit files during post. I've reuploaded and flushed the cache, hoping this resolves the issue. I expect it to go live in an hour or less, apologies for the delay and I appreciate the patience and feedback.

0 Kudos
JSyro
Beginner

New Windows 7 Pro x64 on MSI Z97A Gaming 9 + i7-5775C with IRIS Pro 6200. After installing this driver (also prev. v. 15.36.21.*), the system soon randomly either crashes into BSOD or simply hangs sometimes with a constant sound in loudspeakers. Nothing in system logs, as it simply hangs and becomes unresponsive, only power off option is left.

With a standard VGA Graphics Adapter driver from Windows 7 setup, it never crashes, but of course, there is no DirectX, 3D, etc. and it's slowly rendering.

What can be the issue please?

0 Kudos
JSyro
Beginner

Seems, when I install the drivers from MSI directly (Intel_SVGA_Drivers_10.18.14.4206.exe), it is working fine.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi jsyrovat,

We always encourage to install drivers directly through the OEM's. They often have customizations to the driver which resolves hardware specific concerns/issues. I'm happy to hear your issue is resolved with their custom driver.

0 Kudos
SErha1
Beginner

Hello everybody,

I recently bought a new notebook, the Lenovo ThinkPad L450 20DSS0W600. It uses the new Broadwell Core i3 5005U. I had to set up Win 8.1 Pro x64 several times because I had lots of issues with the HD Graphics driver. At least it seems like it is the reason for the issues. The system just randomly crashed after only a few minutes or sometimes a few hours: display froze with digital artifacts and distortions all over the screen, no response, only shutting the notebook down via the power switch and restarting helped - for a while. I installed several different versions of the HD Graphics driver, however, nothing changed. It looked like it would be an issue of overheating, so I ran different stress tests like Memtest, FurMark, PrimeTest95, at least for an hour. Nothing. Temperatures were stable, the graphics core didn't go beyond 61°C. In the end, Win 8.1 Pro x64 crashed every time right after reinstalling the driver. I did a clean reinstallation of the system for four times. When I used the Windows Standard VGA driver, none of these problems occured. I eventually decided to do a system rollback to Win 7 Pro x64. In the beginning everything worked fine. Since yesterday, the same crashes occure again (driver version 15.36.23.4251). I used the notebook for about 2 hours, YouTube, Office, browsing etc, no problem. In the end I wanted to install a few Windows updates and then it just crashed again (only safety updates, no drivers).

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi SErhardt

Are you installing the driver from the Lenovo website or are you installing the Intel generic graphics driver?

OEM's often have customizations to address hardware specific concerns/issues. If you try their custom driver and are not able to resolve it, since you're still in warranty I would suggest contacting Lenovo customer support to look further into your concern under their warranty policy.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-l-series-laptops/thinkpad-l450/downloads/DS101775 http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-l-series-laptops/thinkpad-l450/downloads/DS101775

0 Kudos
PDanc1
Beginner

Hello,

Dear, I'm having trouble with the drivers of the Iris Pro 5200 under a Windows 8.1 64 bit platform. The Cpu utilization is takingaround 12% causing faster battery depletion and higher temperatures at idle. Something inside the driver is causing this and needsto be investigated. see also topic i am using the latest drivers but problem only goesaway when putting my laptop to sleep/hybernate and the resuming or uninstalling the driver completely.
0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

PeterDanckaert

I have responded here:

Allan.

0 Kudos
BBogd1
Novice

no overriding option for me:C

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Locking this thread.

For any unresolved issues, please search for your issue in the forums and provide the information in an existing thread using the guidelines below. If you've exhausted efforts searching without luck, then please create a new thread using the guidelines below. This will assist other community members to help you, or for Intel to review if needed. Appreciate your support in improving the driver and experience.

0 Kudos