Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

-NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

Bryce__Intel
Employee

The Windows 10* production driver 15.40.4.64.4256 has been posted to Intel Download Center at the following direct link to the driver:

64bit - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25150/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25150/eng/win64_154004.2.exe win64_154004.2.exe - This driver is in self installing format intended for end users.

64bit - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25150/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25150/eng/win64_154004.2.zip win64_154004.2.zip - This driver is in zip format intended for developers and IT professionals.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150

IMPORTANT:

These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide which contain fixes specific to the OEM hardware the driver is intended for. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

Please review the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25150/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15%2040%204%2064%204256_8_5_15_Win10.pdf Release Notes for more information regarding this release.

Reporting Issues/feedback:

We continuously strive to improve the quality of our products to better serve our users and appreciate feedback on any issues you discover and http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics/ suggestions for future driver releases. If you have an issue to submit, please follow the guidance/process in this sticky .

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Other Windows 10 Resources:

http://www.intel.com/support/win10.htm Support information about Intel products and Windows® 10

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-faq# ui-id-23 Windows 10 FAQ & Tips - Microsoft

206 Replies
EKatt
Novice

Hello All,

I went through the posts in this thread and was wondering if it's safe to download this driver given all the issues reported here.

I'm on W10 x64 and HD 4600 GPU but I'm missing the HDMI AUDIO driver. I was hoping the newer driver will solve this issue but the download links seem to be broken.

Is there any update on the situation of this driver?

Thanks

Eyal

0 Kudos
SStei10
Novice

Were those drivers tested on dual tile 4K screens like the Dell UP3214Q?

I'm having massive issues -both on a Gigabyte i7 Haswell Brix (HD4400) and an intel i5 Broadwell NUC (HD6000).

First off.. when playing video, if you move the video around, you can see the two halves of the screen.. the left and right part of the screen seem to not be fully in sync.

And more importantly - I'm having complete system freezes / reboots. Those usually happen after a display power cycle. The drivers reintroduce the old problem of not getting a picture back if the display went into power saving mode (not all the time.. but perhaps every 2nd time - and you have to wait a bit as the picture comes back if it just went away and you move the mouse/hit the keyboard) - so you then have to power cycle the screen and hit the keyboard while doing so. Then you either get the picture back, or the machine will freeze/reboot. (both machines run fine in Win8.1 using the recently released Win8.1 drivers and have no issues with not getting a picture after display sleep / power cycle of the display)

0 Kudos
SStei10
Novice

here's the report in the desired format:

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

I turn off my screen if it is not needed for some time - e.g. when I go cooking, shopping, number 2 in the bathroom, you name it. I leave the machine running though. When I return and turn the display back on, the machine BSODs

I'd say it happens about one out of 3 times.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel NUC5i5RYH

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

onboard GFX only

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

EFP

<span style="font-weight: inherit; font...

0 Kudos
SStei10
Novice

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

I turn off my screen if it is not needed for some time - e.g. when I go cooking, shopping, number 2 in the bathroom, you name it. I leave the machine running though. When I return and turn the display back on, the machine BSODs

I'd say it happens about one out of 3 times.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Gigabyte GB-BXi7-4500

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

onboard GFX only

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

<span style="color: # 3d3d3d; font-family: intel-clear, arial, helvetica...

0 Kudos
SStei10
Novice

Of course, switching back from Brix to NUC got me a nice BSOD again and this time I was ready with my cellphone to record what's happening. The error is

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (igdkmd64.sys)

There are no entries in the event log to correspond to the crash.

I guess it's time to give that Elitebook 840 a thorough testing with this screen.

0 Kudos
EKatt
Novice

Update:

I am using the MSI Z87-GD65 motherboard with Intel i5-4440 CPU (HD Graphics 4600)

I downloaded the latest package from MSI which included the HDMI audio driver and installed it. All was working well.

Then I opened the display driver's properties and hit the Driver Update. Windows Update downloaded the latest driver and I am now on V10.18.13.5362.

Tested it with a couple of games and mostly with Blu-ray movies and all is working well now. Picture is clear with no artifacts. That being said, Obviously I am testing on 1080P resolution because this machine is mainly for media and entertainment and this driver is older than the driver in this discussion but I would wait until the new driver is confirmed to be working.

I hope this might help some of you.

0 Kudos
DGars
Beginner

I have recently switched from Dell M4600 to ASUS Zenbook Pro and I have to say I'm pretty dissapointed. My new laptop is i7-4720HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and UHD display running on Windows 10 Home. The machine itself is very fast but the Intel Graphics HD 4600 seems its bottleneck. I wonder if this is normal for it to run so slow on UHD screen? I mean really not-so-computation-heavy tasks such as minimizing and maximizing Chrome windows (clearly visible performance drop while animating the effect) or scrolling through Facebook content (quite browser heavy for sure, but c'mon, I thought I'm buying a computer that would handle stuff like that with real ease!). I would like to know who should I blame - is it Intel for producing poor drivers resulting in poor preformance on UHD screen? Or is it Asus - for fitting a card that simpy is too weak to handle such a display? Oh, I forgot two BSODs I have experienced since I bought the computer a week ago...

0 Kudos
DMosi
Beginner

Bluemanta I have the same windows x64 Home with the 4600 GPU. The original drivers that were loaded for us did not include the Display Audio folder. The new ones do contain all of the actual items to be installed but when I extract the zip and start the Setup, I never see "Installing Driver: Intel(R) Display Audio". I just get the graphics and that is is. I've tried manually adding it using the Display Audio folder but have not been successful.

Here is the folder contents which you can see the DisplayAudio folder included. The setup is not detecting that driver to install which is prohibiting me from having audio go through my HDMI port when I connect my laptop to my surround sound/tv at home. All of my drivers are installed and I have the latest NVIDIA drivers for the 880M graphics in the laptop. All of my research points to requiring the Display Audio driver for the sound to go through the HDMI on connected devices.

0 Kudos
EKatt
Novice

DamienM4194,

If by the original drivers, you are referring to the ones uploaded by Windows Update during the W10 upgrade, that makes sense because Windows Update download the display drivers only.

Try downloading the package V10.18.15.4240. It's older but this is the one that worked for me. If you can't find it on Intel's site, try downloading it from here:

http://us.msi.com/support/mb/Z87-GD65-GAMING.html# down-driver&Win10 http://us.msi.com/support/mb/Z87-GD65-GAMING.html# down-driver&Win10 64

It's located at the very bottom of the list

Before installing, I would recommend to remove the driver you currently have and reboot.

I hope this help

E

0 Kudos
VLee13
Beginner

Link doesn't work anymore...

0 Kudos
GMunh
Novice

Problema na resolução 1024x768 depois da atualização no Windows 10, a resolução 1024x768 nao funciona em tela cheia.. (O ultimo driver do Windows 10 esta com esse tipo de bug)

0 Kudos
GMunh
Novice
  • Problema na resolução 1024x768 depois da atualização no Windows 10, a resolução 1024x768 nao funciona em tela cheia.. (O ultimo driver do Windows 10 esta com esse tipo de bug)
0 Kudos
MMill22
Novice

Wow, i just had a BSOD doing nothing in particular. Just browsing websites in Firefox. Not playing a DXVA-accelerated video or anything.

Suddenly the screen turned black and i got the "hardware disconnected" sound from the speakers. Five seconds later and there was the BSOD.

Please save me from these buggy Intel Windows 10 drivers! I'm back to NVIDIA as soon as the GeForce 950 is out, then it's good riddance Intel graphics!

0 Kudos
BAgar1
Beginner

When i am trying to install the driver, it installs driver version 10.18.15.4256 not the latest one.... tried uninstalling the driver and reinstall but still its installing the version 10.18.15.4256. Help plz..

Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi Bishesh

Each driver has two ID's, for this one the Intel ID is 15.40.4.4256, the other for MSFT is 10.18.15.4256, you're installing the correct driver.

CWare1
Novice

So Bryce@Intel is this driver every going to get looked at and fixed by Intel? It's pretty obvious that it doesn't work properly on Windows 10 and there isn't anyone at Intel talking about doing something. I personally won't be buying anything from Intel until they support the products we've already spent money on!

Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi All,

The server folder containing the files has been corrupted causing 404 errors. We're aware of this and working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue moving forward. Thanks for your patience and apologies for the delay. In the meantime, the driver still remains available via WU.

0 Kudos
EKatt
Novice

Bryce@Intel Any thoughts about the driver-related issues reported here? Seem to be quite a few of them

0 Kudos
DJenk3
Novice

The 10.18.15.4256 driver is not working on my system at all. (ASUS TP500L Series laptop)

Also, Windows update refused to install the latest version, I had to grab it from the link someone else posted here. When I attempt to "Update Driver" from device manager, it goes back to 10.18.15.4248. (Which also does not work at all.)

0 Kudos
CWare1
Novice

I find it very telling that Intel won't even acknowledge the driver issues and what, if anything, they are doing to resolve them. I don't care about the 404 error from the download page. The drivers are available all over the place. The issue is they don't work properly on Windows 10 but Intel won't address that at all! Is the PR move by Intel to deny or be silent until it goes away?? I spent good money on many Intel processors and motherboards loaded with Intel chipsets. A response on what's being done to fix the drivers is the least Intel can do. The least!!

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

All,

Tremendous thanks for your feedback. I'll reiterate post 43, and amend it. We are working diligently to get through the list of issues and we greatly appreciate the support from the community thus far. Please keep in mind when you report a new concern, please provide the information requested in the sticky [link below]. This level of information helps replicate the issues and streamlines the process to get in front of an engineer. Thanks for your patience and those of you who have been answering questions, your assists are very appreciated, that's what truly makes this a community. If you notice someone who hasn't provided the necessary information, please help refer them to the sticky. Thanks!

/thread/77761 Default level information for reporting Graphics issues

Further, I understand your concerns and my team and I are working through the many concerns submitted via email, PM, ticketing, and communities with the highest priority and I assure you we are actively addressing them as fast as possible. If there's an issue that I or my team find to be a bug in our driver during investigation, I will be forthcoming and own it, then track it actively until it is resolved. I myself own Intel products for home use. I've always been an Intel CPU/Mobo guy. I have an HTPC I use for movies and games, so I have a personal interest/desire as well as a business commitment to help make the user experience as great as possible. I get the blackscreens, I see the corruption watching movies, I know the BSOD pains, and I get to go to work and raise heck to get them resolved for myself, and for all of you. You can bet I'm working these issues with priority. There's many issues, again not just on the communities you see, but you can bet we're working through them like we care, because we do. No I'm not a PR person, just an engineer doing his best to help, but if you don't hear from me or my team for a bit please know we do care and we're getting to your concern as fast as possible so again thank you for your patience and your commitment to making our product better through feedback.

.:Bryce:.