Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

-NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

Bryce__Intel
Employee

The Windows 10* production driver 15.40.4.64.4256 has been posted to Intel Download Center at the following direct link to the driver:

64bit - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25150/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25150/eng/win64_154004.2.exe win64_154004.2.exe - This driver is in self installing format intended for end users.

64bit - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25150/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25150/eng/win64_154004.2.zip win64_154004.2.zip - This driver is in zip format intended for developers and IT professionals.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150

IMPORTANT:

These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide which contain fixes specific to the OEM hardware the driver is intended for. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

Please review the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25150/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15%2040%204%2064%204256_8_5_15_Win10.pdf Release Notes for more information regarding this release.

Reporting Issues/feedback:

We continuously strive to improve the quality of our products to better serve our users and appreciate feedback on any issues you discover and http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics/ suggestions for future driver releases. If you have an issue to submit, please follow the guidance/process in this sticky .

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Other Windows 10 Resources:

http://www.intel.com/support/win10.htm Support information about Intel products and Windows® 10

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-faq# ui-id-23 Windows 10 FAQ & Tips - Microsoft

206 Replies
EKatt
Novice

Bryce@Intel Thanks so much for your reply.

I think part of the frustration here was because most of us wondered why we were not getting any response but it's very comforting to know that you guys are on top of it.

Waiting patiently for the next release......

-Eyal

RJOCH
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

Unable to scale full-screen in Windows 10 as was previously able to do within Windows 8.1. Scaling option also doesn't appear when in display's native resolution of 1920 x 1080 (60p Hz). This happens 100% of the time when trying to scale (stretch) MapleStory and The Sims 3 to the full width of screen.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

MSI GE70-2OE

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Hybrid Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

& NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

<p align="center" style="font-weight: inherit; f...
0 Kudos
ZFrie
Beginner

Category

Questions

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

First issue: 4K resolution not listed. Second issue: trying to add custom resolution - only 32-bit color depth is available. Therefore I cannot define a custom 4K 30Hz mode (only 4K 24Hz).

Hardware (HW)

Custom

No. Only Intel HD4000.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

Seiki SE39UY04 (4K TV used as monitor over HDMI 1.4a)

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

4GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Tried several HDMI cables - same issue

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 10 Pro

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in "information page" of CUI (right click on Desktop and select "Graphics Properties".

<td style...
0 Kudos
IMite
Beginner

Dear Bryce@Intel,

Thank you and your team for your support on Windows 10 drivers. We all really appreciate the hours you put in to improve things. I am not sure whether this question is best addressed to yourself, but would you happen to know if there will be a HD Graphics 3000 driver for Windows 10?

All the best

0 Kudos
BVu_D
Beginner

Hi sir, i have a problem with vram IGPU ...When i set ram share for IGPU in BIOS below 500mb, it won't critical power when i wake up computer from sleep mod,

but when i set over 500mb(1024mb) ram share for IGPU, it will be crash with error critical power when i wake up from sleep mod. Here my picture :

Hope someone can help me ..

0 Kudos
DGome9
Beginner

Hi,

I have a problem with scaled resolution, the control panel dont save the configuration "escaled full screen" in resolution no native, ex: 1024x768 or 800x600.

My OS is Win10 64bits and GPU 4600

I have installed driver

/message/321903# 321903 15.40.4.64.4256

Regards

0 Kudos
dye1
Beginner

Category

Questions

Description

sometimes,firefox scrolling pages causes graphics driver stopped responding

Hardware (HW)

gigabyte z170-hd3 i7 6700k

onboard GFX only

EFP

8G

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

lg22mp65

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 10 Pro

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in "inform...

0 Kudos
OBake
Beginner

After installing windows 10, I now have issues with scrolling down with the mouse scroller. Every time i use it, it will jump down half a page each time. I had this same problem when upgrading from windows 8 to 8.1. It was eventually solved with a driver update, I am however already on the latest drivers.

0 Kudos
KVo1
Beginner

Hi all

I have a scaling issue after upgrading to WIndows 10. Almost all of my games now have two black bars either side of the screen. I couldn't install the production driver posted here because "your computer does not meet the requirement." Is there anyone can help point out where my computer does not meet the requirement to install this driver? Mine is a Dell Inspiron 1464 running on Intel(R) Core i5 (Clarkdale) with Intel(R) HD Graphic (Ironlake), 3072 MB Ram.

Category

Questions

Description

Almost all of my games now have two black bars either side of the screen. It happened to me once when I upgraded to Win 7 several years ago. Back then I was able to fix the issue by changing desktop to a lower resolution and choosing the option to scale to full screen in Intel Graphic Control Panel. This method does not work for Win 10. Every time I launch my games, the option changes itself to 'Maintain aspect ratio." which causes the black bars.

I tried to download this new driver to see if it fixes the problem. Unfortunately, I can't install it and it tells me that my laptop does not meet the requirement.

Another issue is my DirectX. Windows 10 is supposed to come with DirectX 12, but mine remains DirectX 10 (according to dxdiag tool). This problem seems unique to me because I haven't found someone with the same issue

Hardware (HW)

Dell Inspriron 1464 (five years old)

No AMD or NV graphics

<span style="font-weight: inherit; f...

0 Kudos
ASusn
Beginner

The download says it is version 15.40.4.64.4256 yet when you install it, the version actually is 10.18.15.4256 as shown in this install screen. Whatever is being put out by Intel is simply wrong and needs to be corrected.

After finish install in manager device says it is 10.18.15.4256 but i a instal 15.40.4.64.4256...

Bicouse this error, im not possibilities use directx12 or dx11.3....

I HAVE A I74510U HD4400

Please respond and fix this! BAY

TDolp
Beginner

Hi, when I download the new driver either EXE file or ZIP my version won't change. I checked the Readme.txt in the ZIP folder which says Driver Version: 15.40.4.64.4256 BUT when I check the Installation_Readme.txt I see Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.15.4256 which is my current driver. And it doesn't matter if I download directly from Intel or use the Driver Update Utility, I don't get the new driver downloaded/installed. I took a screenshot where you can see the readme.txt and Installation_Readme.txt from the same ZIP folder I downloaded which supposed to contain the latest driver.

Please, I really would like to update my graphics driver

0 Kudos
KShal
Novice

For you and for all:

Drivers 10.18.15.4256 and 15.40.4.64.4256 are equal. First numeration is used by Microsoft, second by Intel.

Also, i have bsods with Video TDR Failure (igdkmd64.sys) too. Mostly after Alt+Tab, but after Win-button too.

ASUS G56JR, Intel i7 4700HQ and Nvidia GTX 760m

TDolp
Beginner

So, and why does the Intel Driver Update Utility lists 10.18.15.4256 as installed and 15.40.64.4256 as newer driver? I wonder if the Driver Update Utility is any good then if according to you both version numbers point to the same driver yet shows them as two different ones?!

0 Kudos
ICRUE
Beginner

Why is everyone asking this question?

It was already said and repeated that the 10.18.15.4256 number is the only graphics driver and the 15.40.64.4256 number is the packet including the audio and graphics driver.

0 Kudos
TDolp
Beginner

Thanks for clearing this out. I guess I check manually then for Intel drivers, the Update Utility still tells me to update even though I have the latest driver installed.

0 Kudos
GJeff
Beginner

Category

Questions

Description

You will get either a 0x116 (video_tdr_error) or 0x119 (VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR) BSOD. Happens within 3-4 days of system uptime, or within 1-2 hours of running a game in DX11 with Xbox Game DVR running

Hardware (HW)

Sager NP7358

Hybrid Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860m

LFP:

<td style="pa...
0 Kudos
FSava
Beginner

My laptop is using a Intel HD 3000 video adapter and this new W10 driver does not support it. Furthermore, the current W10 Intel HD 3000 driver does not recognize multiple monitors (which used to work perfectly in W7). Can I expect support too?

0 Kudos
AAlm2
New Contributor I

Category

Questions

Description

I'm seeing multiple issues with my monitors when turning the computer on and/or waking the computer from sleep…including windows changing monitors, windows re-sizing, one monitor not turning on, a monitor reporting that the resolution/refresh rate is not compatible with the monitor. If I turn the monitor off and then turn it back on it always fixes the problem.

Hardware (HW)

Intel NUC 5i5RYK

Intel HD Graphics 6000

EFP Dell U2415

<span style="font-weight: inherit; font-style: i...

0 Kudos
DJenk3
Novice

Still can't run the latest drivers. I'm stuck with the default Microsoft Graphics Driver. It's preventing me from playing any games that are at all graphics intense, and I also tried connecting to an external monitor both through the HDMI and my docking station. It wouldn't see the monitor either way. Any updates on when this might be fixed? I really don't want to have to go back to Win 8.1.

Category

Questions

Description

I am not able to run the 10.18.15.4256 drivers with my Intel HD Graphics 5500. In device manager I get the message that: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Hardware (HW)

Asus TP500L laptop

No, just the Intel chip

<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-right-width: 1pt; border-bottom-width: 1pt; border-style: none solid solid none; border-right-color: windowtext; bord...
0 Kudos
DJenk3
Novice

I found a workaround for my issue (drivers encountered an error and were shut down.) Apparently, something with the dock drivers for my ASUS USB 3.0 dock were causing some sort of conflict. I un-installed the docking software and the Intel drivers load fine for me.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

philly4

I have been trying to replicate the issue you have reported with the NUC5i5RYK and windows 10. The installation and the test went through without any issues. At the end of the installation, I made sure to get all windows and driver updated from Microsoft and Intel download center.

Allan.

I'm seeing multiple issues with my monitors when turning the computer on and/or waking the computer from sleep…including windows changing monitors, windows re-sizing, one monitor not turning on, a monitor reporting that the resolution/refresh rate is not compatible with the monitor. If I turn the monitor off and then turn it back on it always fixes the problem.

1. Do a fresh install of Windows 10.

2. Turn of the computer or have the computer sleep, then turn the computer on or wake it up.

3. The issues only happen approx 1/5 of the time.

0 Kudos