Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21292 Discussions

NZXT CAM CPU/GPU temps are N/A after installing ARC drivers.

Griffonlore
Novice

After installing my new ARC A-770 and installing the necessary drivers, NZXT CAM is no longer able to view the temps of my CPU or GPU. I'm also unable to change the fan speeds of my case and AIO while drivers are installed. I've installed previous driver versions and BETA drivers and it hasn't helped. I also uninstalled ARC Control to no avail. I've completely uninstalled and re-installed the drivers multiple times. And I've wiped the previous Nvidia drivers as well. I'm concerned about my cooling since CAM controls it and I don't want my CPU or GPU to overheat while the settings are dissabled.

16 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Griffonlore

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. 

In order to assist you, can you please help us with the following information: 

• Download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.
  • If you remove the Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics, do the features come back?
  • Any other changes besides uninstalling drivers and installing the Intel® Arc™ A770?

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Griffonlore
Novice

Hello Carlos,

I've attached the SSU file below as you requested.
Uninstalling the ARC GPU without uninstalling the drivers did restore CAM functionality. But re-installing it blocked the features again. And I've made no changes besides switching to the Arc A770. For context my previous GPU was an Nvidia GTX 1070.

0 Kudos
LUci09
Beginner

Capture d’écran (8).png

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Griffonlore

Thank you for your reply. In this case, to ensure we have a completely clean installation of the drivers, please help me with the following:

1. Download our latest released driver: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/774229/gfx_win_101.4255.exe
  2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) software and extract the file. 
  3. Open DDU ****.exe and run extract program. 
  4. Reboot into Windows* safe mode. (Refer to Start your PC in safe mode in Windows.) 
  5. Go to the DDU extract path and double-click the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe to open DDU. 
  6. Click Close in the Options window. 
  7. Select device type to GPU and select device to INTEL
  8. Click Clean and restart, wait the software to finish the process and auto reboot Windows to the normal mode. 
  9. Install the previously downloaded driver.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
LUci09
Beginner
hello already done it does not solve the problem
0 Kudos
Griffonlore
Novice

Hi Caros,

Using DDU to uninstall and re-install the intel drivers unfortunately didn't fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @Griffonlore, @LUci09

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @LUci09,

Thank you for your time. In this case, the incompatibility is on NZXT CAM's side, our recommendation is to reach app developer.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
LUci09
Beginner
hello @Carlos_L_Intel  it's not only with nzxt the problem is also on icue and Armory Crate
0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @LUci09

Thank you for your post. Does the same exact thing happens in both iCUE and Armory Create? 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
LUci09
Beginner
0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @LUci09,

Thanks for the heads-up. Let me check some information internally again and I will post back with more details soon. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @LUci09,

Thank you for your time. If you look at the information using Intel Arc? Is it reporting correctly?

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
LUci09
Beginner
hello @Carlos_L_Intel  in arc control graphics card info is ok 

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @LUci09

Thank you for the information. In this case, as long as Arc Control displays the information correctly, the issues with 3rd party tools would need to be addressed by the app developer.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @LUci09,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos