Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Need Updated Driver For Intel Display Adapter(s): Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

DWrig17
Beginner

Hi,

I'm running windows 10 pro / 64-bit on my computer, the driver that's currently installed is:  Driver Version 8.15.10.2702, Driver Date 03/10/2013 07:00 PM . I realize that my computer is an older one, but it still seems to function pretty well for its age. On my newer desktop which is also a hp brand, it came with the intel graphics utility software already installed, the computer I'm typing this on doesn't have it installed. If I can't locate a newer driver, I'm hoping to at least be able to install the intel graphics utility application if I can locate it. Thanks for any & all assistance that I might receive. Happy New Year !

David W.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

There is no updated driver from Intel for the q45/q43 chipset for Windows 10.

All you have is the generic driver from Microsoft, which lacks features and performance.

Your processor and graphics are simply no longer supported.

You "might" be able to find an add-on nvidia card (gtx 750 or so) and use that, if you are a desktop.

Best to take this relic to the recycle bin and get a new(er) PC that is supported by WIndows 10.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no updated driver from Intel for the q45/q43 chipset for Windows 10.

All you have is the generic driver from Microsoft, which lacks features and performance.

Your processor and graphics are simply no longer supported.

You "might" be able to find an add-on nvidia card (gtx 750 or so) and use that, if you are a desktop.

Best to take this relic to the recycle bin and get a new(er) PC that is supported by WIndows 10.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
DWrig17
Beginner

Hi AlHill,

Thanks so much for your timely reply, that's pretty much what I was thinking. Even if I would locate a copy of the intel graphics software it might not even function properly on my computer. Happy New Year..Stay Safe !

David

0 Kudos