Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

New Intel Graphics Command Center doesn't has Refresh Rate Switch Disable option

Avencio
Beginner

The title says everything. The New Graphics control panel (Command center) doesn't have any option to disable the Refresh Rate Switch.

I have a laptop so whenever I unplug the laptop, the screen goes black and it switches to 40Hz from 60Hz which is annoying.

However, there was an option in an older version of the Graphics Control Panel to disable the refresh rate switch option.

Bring it back because I do heavy work on my laptop and because of the rainy season there is a random power cut in this case it is annoying to change manually refresh rate.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Avencio, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can have more information about your system and check this behavior, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Please provide a screenshot of the Power Plan Settings: 

• Open Settings. 
  • Go to System - Power & sleep. 
  • On the right, click on the link Additional power settings. 
  • Select Balanced (recommended) and go to Change Plan Settings 
  • Go to Change advanced power settings  and click Intel(R) Graphics Settings -> Intel(R) Graphics Power Plan. 

3. Try downloading and installing the old Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft® Store and please provide a screenshot of the option to disable the Refresh Rate Switch. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Avencio,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Avencio,  

We did not receive a response from you so we could not reiew your system configuration to help you with this behavior. 

I would like to let you know that our new Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC) does bring the Refresh Rate Switching (Under Power Settings). However, this also depends on the manufacturer (OEM) design. 

Please check the attachments for more information. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Avencio,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos