Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

New version of intel uhd 630 graphics is crashing

Ayush89
Beginner
Hello good evening
I am facing a problem so I will share the problem. The issue is that when I updated my old version of intel uhd 630 driver to latest version. My all games are crashing and giving lag with latest version of graphics driver. Old version of graphics driver giving best performance but after updating its just crashing please help me
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello @Ayush89

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1. What do you exactly mean by crash? are the games able to launch, but after some point, it closes?
  2. What are the games that present the errors?
  3. What is the driver version you installed?
  4. What driver installation method did you try?
  5. Create a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU)  

• Download the Intel SSU (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

• Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 

To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Ayush89
Beginner
Hello sir
Accutally i was using old version which is version 7985 but when I updated to 1660 version which is latest most of the game are stuttering and crashing like gta 5 is now crashing in loading screen with latest version of the graphics driver and nfs heat is crashing but with old version it was running fine and I can play with good fps in old version of driver
0 Kudos
Ayush89
Beginner
Hello sir
I was using driver 7985 and it is great version but when I updated it to latest one 1660 my most of the game is crashing and giving stuttering with latest version of graphics driver
0 Kudos
Reps
Beginner

Have you tried a more latest previous version such as: 

Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information.

By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."

Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."

Then attach it to your post in this thread, it will give us details about your system so we can try to assist you.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Ayush89

I appreciate the information provided.

I would like to have a better insight into your issue, so please provide me with the following:

1. What driver installation method did you try?
  2. Was there any other hardware or software change besides the driver update?
  3. Provide me with a screenshot of the Task Manager under the performance tab while you are running the game.
  4. Create a report using the Intel:registered: System Support Utility (Intel:registered: SSU)  

• Download the Intel SSU (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-window...)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel:registered: SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Ayush89
Beginner
Hello sir
Sir accutally I am using exe installation method. With the latest version of graphics driver my gta 5 is lagging and crashing but when i downgraded to old version which is from 2020. It's running smoothly with old version but with latest version game just lag and crashed. There is no hardware change.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Ayush89,

I understand the issue is only present on the newer driver, so I would like to confirm the driver version for the old driver you are running with no problem.

I also want more information about the environment of your system; so I can provide you with the most efficient troubleshooting, create a report using the Intel:registered: System Support Utility (Intel:registered: SSU)  

• Download the Intel SSU (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-window...)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel:registered: SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

• To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Ayush89

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Ayush89,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos