Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

No video after waking up from sleep or hibernation.

LMacM
Beginner

Running HD530 graphics with Pentium G4500 on B150 chipset (Asus motherboard). Recent graphics drivers often display no video after waking up from sleep or hibernation. The monitor indicator light indicates it's receiving a signal but the screen is black. I have to kill the power to bring it back. Some drivers are worse than others. I have gone back to a 23.x.x.x version driver temporarily until a solution is found. Trying to restart the video with ctrl+windows key+shift+B does nothing.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

LMacM, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know we recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we need to gather some details about your platform, like the Windows* version being used and the model of the ASUS board, please provide the SSU report so we can verify that information:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
LMacM
Beginner

Thank you for your response. Today I installed the most recent Asus driver which is Intel version 23.20.16.4849 from October 2017. So far I have not experienced the issue of no video on waking up. SSU report attached.

0 Kudos
LMacM
Beginner

After posting my reply above, Windows update installed the Intel driver 25.20.100.6373. I have not used the computer enough at this point to determine if this will have the same issue as the newer drivers. If it does, I will revert to the Asus driver.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

LMacM, Thank you very much for providing the report.

Perfect, it is great to hear that so far the PC is working properly and it seems that problem of no video after waking up from sleep or hibernation got fixed.

Yes, according to ASUS's web site the proper driver version for your system is 23.20.16.4849, that is the driver customized by them to work with your computer.

Now, you can always use the graphics driver that got installed with the Windows* updates, driver version 25.20.100.6373 is also validated by ASUS, that is why it got installed automatically and there is no problem in keep using it or keep it installed.

If by any chance the problem appears again, then, as you mentioned, to revert back the graphics driver to the one provided by ASUS will be the next thing to do.

Once you get the chance to use the computer long enough to confirm if the problem got fixed or not, please let us know the results so we can further assist you.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
LMacM
Beginner

After 2 days with the Windows update installed driver, I have not experienced the no-video after sleep or hibernate problem. I will stick with driver version 25.20.100.6373 unless Windows update provides a newer version. I did not realized that Asus had validated the driver installed by Windows update so that is good to know. I have un-installed the Intel Driver & Support Assistant so I don't get the notices that a new graphics driver is available.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

LMacM, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear and confirm that by installing Graphics driver version 25.20.100.6373 and after 2 days of testing there are no more problems with the PC anymore and the issue with no video after the computer goes to sleep or hibernation got fixed. It should work just fine from now on.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos