Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

OpenGL driver error using Salome MECA

TomNak
Novice

Using HP ENVY model 13 with Intel UHD Graphics 620 on Intel Core i5-8250U, how to resolve the “OpenGL context reports version 4.6 but dose not export required functions for 4.5 (glGetnTexImage)” error when running Salome MECA 2023.

Does Intel have any drivers to resolve this? If not, is there any way to resolve it? Please give me advice, thank you.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tomnak,

We know how challenging it is to get an error of that nature while using the program.

Please allow us to ask the following information, so we can determine if there are recommendations that we can provide you:

- It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html). To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

- Were you able to use this program before without any errors using your system, or was it like this since the start?

- May we know if you have done any procedures of your own, so we can avoid repeat suggestions?

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
TomNak
Novice

Thank you for your reply.

- Were you able to use this program before without any errors using your system, or was it like this since the start?

- May we know if you have done any procedures of your own, so we can avoid repeat suggestions?

This time, I newly installed Salome-MECA. In addition to this LAPTOP, I also installed it on three Desktops with Windows10 and 11, but the error is the same.
I saw information on the internet that an OpenGL error would occur, but I got the same error message in either situation. So I asked here.
I don't have detailed knowledge of computer systems, so I was hoping that if it was a common, universal problem, I would be able to find a solution or a clue.

I installed it on my laptop because I thought it was close to the current situation so I could take clear countermeasures.

thank you.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tomnak,

Thank you for your response.

After reading your answer, here are our suggestions:

1. There was a community user who posted this error before using the same program. He was able to solve it by installing an older version of the program, from 9.7 to 9.5. I understand that it could be a very old version already, but is this something that you can try?

2. If our suggestion in the first time is not feasible, we may need to further check. We recognize the Salome is a developer software. Are you developing using GLSL scripts and that is where you experienced the error?

3. In relation to item number 3, when do you experience the error message, on what part of using the program do you run into the error? (Example: After launching, after compiling, after saving a project, etc.)

0 Kudos
TomNak
Novice

Thank you for your prompt follow-up.
Salome-MECA is a comprehensive technical environment for numerical analysis. Although it is developed as open source, we consider it to be a useful numerical calculation and model creation tool for engineering technology development.
There was some advice about the version, but I don't think there is a detailed version for Windows. I plan to use the Windows version.
Reference: https://code-aster-windows.com/download/

In the Linux environment, there may be small version upgrades in response to Salome-MECA development as described.
The readme file contained the following information: The version appears to be newer than the one you presented.

# This package was generated with SAT
# Date: 2022-12-15 18:50
# User: SALOME SPN CEA
# Distribution : Windows 10 64 bits

# Application: SALOME-9.10.0

Binaries
========

This package includes a binary installation of the application SALOME-9.10.0
The binaries are stored in W64 directory.

Timing of error occurrence
salome-MECA is a platform to switch between modules and display them. It is distributed with the module.
No error occurs when starting Salome-MECA. During startup, the shell is running in a separate window.
The same error is displayed when switching to modules that use graphics, such as geometry and shaper. In other words, I think an error occurs when the module starts, and the error is thrown to the shell.

I hope that I have conveyed this to everyone well.

0 Kudos
TomNak
Novice

supplementary explanation
Currently, the module is started and operations such as rotating the model in the graphical display are working as expected. I have just started using this app for learning purposes, so currently the app is not closing due to graphical operations. The error is only when starting the module.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tom,

We appreciate the quick response.

It seems that you cannot install a previous version, so we will scratch that as a solution.

I might have found something that could be the cause of the error message, but I need your help to determine if this is correct. Do you happen to know if Salome MECA uses GLSL, which is Open GL Shading Language to produce its functions?

I tried to look this up from the Salome Meca website, but there are no mentions of it.

0 Kudos
TomNak
Novice

thank you.
Please give me some time so I can do some research.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tomnak,

Much obliged for letting us know that you need more time and for your initiative to check this.

We will wait for your response.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tomnak,

You may be currently doing research about the software that you have raised.

To ensure that prompt progress of your thread, we have also investigated the issue, and these are our findings:

The error message indicating that the OpenGL context reports version 4.6 but does not export required functions for 4.5, such as glGetnTexImage, typically suggests a discrepancy between the reported OpenGL version and the actual functions available through the graphics driver. This can occur when the graphics driver claims to support a certain version of OpenGL but does not provide all the necessary functions that are expected with that version.

In the case of Intel HD Graphics, for example, users have reported encountering this issue when trying to initialize OpenGL 4.5. The error message is a result of the graphics driver reporting support for OpenGL 4.5 or 4.6 but failing to export some core profile functions defined by the OpenGL specification for that version.

This problem is often resolved by updating the graphics driver to the latest version provided by the vendor, but you already have the latest version of the driver. Because of this, please report the problem to Salome Meca support.

You may refer to this article, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088085/graphics.html

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tomnak,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the findings I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos