Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Output laptop to 2 monitors via HDMI and VGA simultaneously

Shane_D_Walsh
Beginner

Hi, I want to connect my laptop to two external monitors.

On my previous laptop I could output to my monitors using an HDMI and VGA simultaneously. The graphics card on the old laptop was an "Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000"

However, on my newer laptop if I connect using the HDMI and VGA, only the HDMI is displaying. The graphics card on the newer laptop is a "Intel (R) UHD Graphics 620". The VGA does work on its own if I dont use the HDMI. 

I know I can use HDMI-USB adapters to connect the second screen but I have noticed that this sometimes interferes with the wifi signal.

I would prefer if I could figure out how to use the HDMI and VGA simultaneously on the new laptop. Are you able to help with this issue?

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Shane

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Shane_D_Walsh, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

At some point, were you ever able to use both ports, HDMI and VGA on this computer?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Are you using adapters or converters to connect the monitors?

What is the model of the monitors?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Shane_D_Walsh, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Shane_D_Wals, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos