Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

PC to TV over HDMI doesn't fit

JRuiz9
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having issues to make the desktop fit the TV screen over HDMI.

I've read several threads, but coudn't find a fix for it.

These are the details:

TV: Toshiba 32W3433DG

PC: Gigabyte Brix Bace 3150

Driver: v20.19.15.4963 (21/02/2018)

I tried uninstalling device/drivers and reinstalling.

If I center the image, then there is a black margin. Otherwise, if I select one of the other options, the desktop goes outside the TV screen.

Attached are some pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Jorge

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello virtualix,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

Please provide the following information about your setup.

-Run the DxDiag tool and attach the report. Follow these steps below:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

-Are you using a straight-through connection (HDMI-to-HDMI) with a single cable?

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
JRuiz9
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for your support.

Attached is the info.

Yes, I use a straight-through connection (HDMI-to-HDMI) with a single cable.

Best regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello virtualix,

Thank you for your response.

Because you may lose features or customizations when installing a generic versions of graphics driver, I would like you to follow these steps first.

1. Install the latest graphics driver provided by your system manufacturer.

Link

https://www.gigabyte.com/Mini-PcBarebone/GB-BACE-3150-rev-10# support-dl-driver-vgadriver

2. After installing it, go into the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel and select the resolution of your TV > 1366 x 768 > Scale Full Screen

Please let me know if it fixes the issue.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
JRuiz9
Beginner

Hello,

That didn't help. In that case, desktop goes outside the limits of TV, and there isn't an option on TV to automatically fit image.

Best regards

Jorge

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello virtualix,

Please allow me to investigate this issue further. Attach the following report with the monitor connected to your computer. Follow these steps:

1. Right click on the Desktop, and click on Graphics Properties.

2. Click Options and Support, and then click Information Center.

3. Click on Save (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
JRuiz9
Beginner

Hello,

Attached is the requested info.

Thanks

Best regards

Jorge

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello virtualix,

Please try doing a clean install of the latest graphics driver available for your processor.

1.Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Please uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your computer. Please go to the device manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version. Please find the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27780/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=87258

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

Then, try to adjust the resolution in both the Intel® HD Graphics control panel and your TV. I found little informationa about your TV, but you should be able to manually match the size of your screen, too.

If possible, test another display to see if you get the same issue.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
JRuiz9
Beginner

Thanks for your support, following these step I could finally fit the desktop on TV

Best regards

Jorge

0 Kudos