Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Parallel usage of Intel UHD770 and dedicated graphics

Schmuser
Beginner

Hi!

I have a question concerning my new PC-Setup. I have a I7 12700 and a Gforce GTX 1060, and I noticed that both GPUs are under load while using 3D-applications like games etc. My monitor is connected to the DisplayPort of the Intel UHD770-GPU, no other devices are connected.

Even with 4K-Gaming the performance is unexpected good, even better than with the GTX 1060 alone, but if I remove the Gforce (or deactivate it via device-manager), the performance is significantly dropping.

So, it really looks like my system is using both GPUs. Is this an intended behavior?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Schmuser,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having questions about your Intel® UHD Graphics 770.

In this case, when you have 2 graphic cards (hybrid graphics) your computer will use the one with the highest power to perform a task.

This action will allow the CPU to work on the processing tasks and the Nvidia card on the graphics tasks, with this the performance of your computer will increase.

When you disable the Nvidia card, the processor work on both tasks (processing and graphics) which will stress the processor and will decrease the performance.

I recommend you to keep your system up to date and check with your computer manufacturer for drivers and BIOS updates.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Schmuser,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Schmuser,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos