Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21224 Discussions

Pentium G3258 + MSI Mobo Issue W/ Win7

AOwen4
Beginner

hi all,

So, I'm a new buyer from Intel, previously an AMD user. I decided to make the switch when I noticed how smooth the core i5 was in a stock, low-end computer I was using. I am also training to be a PC technician, so I decided to build my own rig after my old computer died out.

However, now that I have the rig put together and everything is up to date, I am having some major problems with my MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Board, and my Intel Pentium G3258 Processor (20th Anniversary special).

It started with my DotA 2 minimizing itself for no reason when I try to play. That issue got solved, but now it crashes for no reason sometimes. And that isn't the only issue. The other issue I had is the CONSTANT screen flickering with the error message of "Display Driver stopped responding and has made a successful recovery." It tells me that it is using Intel HD Graphics for Windows 8, when I'm running a Windows 7 Home Premium system. It happens more often when I'm using Google Chrome, and/or watching YouTube videos. I have not ran into this issue with any other computer, and I tried Intel's device scanner + drivers updater, but it says I am up to date. I am running two monitors at once, using extended Desktop, with dual monitors function enabled on my BIOS.

How can I fix this?

MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 3

Processor: Intel Pentium G3258 Duo-Core 3.2 ghz Desktop Model

RAM: 4GB

Monitors: ASUS VW199 (1440x900) (Primary), Dynex BBY LCD TV (1360x768) (Secondary)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello FT-Sprite, welcome to the Intel communities and thanks a lot for posting your inquire.

According to the graphics team the latest graphics driver included a fix related to flickering.

I would recommend installing the latest graphics driver version 3621. You will be able to find it at the following URL

Regarding the issue that your system is detecting Windows 8 instead of Windows 7, this seems to be a registry issue. You can try forcing the system by the installation of the drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions: http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Graphics Drivers — Computer manufacturer graphics driver detected

If it does not work it will be necessary to re install the operating system.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello FT-Sprite, welcome to the Intel communities and thanks a lot for posting your inquire.

According to the graphics team the latest graphics driver included a fix related to flickering.

I would recommend installing the latest graphics driver version 3621. You will be able to find it at the following URL

Regarding the issue that your system is detecting Windows 8 instead of Windows 7, this seems to be a registry issue. You can try forcing the system by the installation of the drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions: http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Graphics Drivers — Computer manufacturer graphics driver detected

If it does not work it will be necessary to re install the operating system.

Regards

0 Kudos
AOwen4
Beginner

I THINK the issue has been resolved now, thanks Sylvia. Had some issues installing that HD Graphics driver, first time it caused a BSOD, then second time it worked. Went on to flash BIOS with the newest patch, and it looks like the issue is gone... For now at least.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for letting me know FT-Sprite.

0 Kudos