Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Pentium g4600t supports HDR?

ADolo1
Beginner

Hi.

I have HDR600 certified monitor. When i connect it to my Pentium based PC there is no option to turn on HDR under Control Panel\Display. I have Win10 Pro 1903, latest graphic driver and BIOS. On my second AMD PC HDR is working.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are two possibilities that come to mind. First, the HDMI cable in use is poor quality and cannot support the resolution increase. Second, the hardware on the motherboard is insufficient to support this resolution increase. The processor can output DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 1.4. HDMI 1.4 simply cannot support 4K (well, has barely the ability to support 4K at 30Hz, but no HDR). What is usually done is the motherboard manufacturer includes a LSPcon IC on the motherboard that can convert the signal from DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0. Now, some of these ICs simply cannot support HDR no matter what you do. Others may, but only after you upgrade the IC's firmware (check Motherboard's downloads page to see if any firmware updates are supplied).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
ADolo1
Beginner

Its not resolution dependent. No matter what resolution I use (hd or 4k) there is no HDR option in windows. Motherbord is Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac. It has full support of 4K at 60Hz and HDR via LSPCON. People are watching Ultra HD Blu ray with this motherboard and Core I processors.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ADolo1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to know if you still need assistance, if so, please let me know so I can assist you with the issue you are experiencing.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
ADolo1
Beginner

hello, yes I need assistance.

I know that hd630 in core i processors support HDR. Does hd630 in Pentium support HDR or not?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ADolo1,

Thank you for your response.

I was checking and in fact, our white paper for HDR support covers core processors from 7th generation and newer, there is no mention of the pentium processors. Please refer to the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/graphics/HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper.pdf

I will however, look into this a bit deeper just to see if your specific model of processor supports HDR. Allow me some time and I will be back with the information as soon as possible.

Regards,

David V

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ADolo1,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

I confirmed that in fact, HDR is only supported on 7th Generation core processors and up, this means that it is not supported by the Pentium/Celeron family.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
ADolo1
Beginner

Thank You for your answer. Much appreciate.

0 Kudos