Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21061 Discussions

Performance counters on the machine may need to be repaired.

flafe
Novice

Hello, when trying to run this version of GFX for Intel UHD 750:

ReleaseNotes_101.5085_101.5122_WHQL.pdf (intel.com) 

Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows* 

I get the following error (attached is log file) 

ERROR|System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry. Performance counters on the machine may need to be repaired.

I'm running the following command: 

.\gfx_win_101.5085_101.5122.exe -o -s -f --report "C:/temp/intel.log" 

And it crashes as soon as it starts. 

I have a windows 10 OS Build 19044.3086 w/ intel i7-11700 CPU and no discrete GPU. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
flafe
Novice

Bump

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hello flafe,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your finding. Rest assured, we will assist you with your enquiry. For us to better understand the situation and work on a solution for you. We would like confirm if these errors were present when attempting to install the driver Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows? Also, we would like to know you are able to install/update the integrated GPU of your Intel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor using the .exe file? Feel free to include additional information you may find relevant that can help us diagnose and identify the issue.

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hi flafe.,

Were you able to check the previous post? We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hi flafe,

I hope you are doing well. Since we have not heard any feedback regarding our previous post, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos