Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Performance of Iris Xe Graphics

AryanPattani
Beginner

The FPS I am getting is unplayable in Valorant,so I request you to bring a specific driver update to improve the performance in Valorant.The game is unplayable.My specs are: i5-1135G7,Iris Xe Graphics,4gb ram.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AryanPattani

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that we are aware of reports of issues with the game Valorant* and we recommend joining this Community thread where the issue is being discussed.

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AryanPattani
Beginner

Hereby I am uploading the text file of the scan results by Intel SSU.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AryanPattani

Thank you for the Intel® SSU report. Please allow us to check this and we will be posting back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AryanPattani

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further, it is worth mentioning that we haven't been able to reproduce this issue on different platforms (Gen9 and Gen11) so it is unlikely this is showing up in Intel® Iris Xe Graphics (Gen12). Users online have confirmed this issue is resolved after installing the game on an SSD instead of a mechanical hard drive.

As per the Intel® SSU report, we noticed 2 storage devices are in use:

1. NVMe SSD https://www.cdw.com/product/toshiba-bg4-series-kbg40zns256g-256gb-m.2-bics4-solid-state-drive/5901483 
  2. Seagate* Hard Drive https://www.newegg.com/seagate-1tb-st1000lm035/p/N82E16822178875 

Could you please confirm where the game is installed?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AryanPattani
Beginner

I tried on both but it is unplayable.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AryanPattani

Thank you for the response and for the clarifications. Please allow us to review this and we will be posting back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AryanPattani

We would like to inform you that we haven't been able to reproduce the issue using the same graphics controller and latest graphics drivers, hence this should be reported to the game developer for additional debug from their side.

LAB environment used for this test:

We are attaching 2 short videos; however, we played for a long time without issues during our tests.

At this point, our recommendation for you is to report this behavior directly to the game developer.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos