Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21062 Discussions

Photoshop/Lightroom Denoise AI doesn't work with Arc cards

Nightspirit
Novice

I have a laptop with an intel Arc A370M and i7 12700h processor. The new Adobe and Photoshop denoise AI function does not work with the card. It removes the color and makes the image very dark. Judging by the Adobe forums, it's a problem all of the arc cards. I can disable the Arc card and it works, but this is not a satisfactory solution as it slows down the processing. I enclosed a screenshot showing what the result is. I just bought this computer and can't afford a new one with another graphics card to fix the issue. I hope you can figure out the issue.

11 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nightspirit,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

We would like to recommend testing this app with our latest driver. The driver 31.0.101.4369 just came out last week. When installing the driver, perform a clean driver installation. Doing a clean install for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction.

In case the issue persists, we would like to ask for the following information:

• Is this issue present since day one?
  • Is only the Lightroom Denoise AI feature affected, or is there any other app feature that isn't working as expected?
  • Does the issue persist in older drivers?
  • We want to gather more information about your system, so please create a system report using the following tools:
  •  Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nightspirit,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Nightspirit
Novice

I was out of town and will try updating the drivers today and post the details of what happenx.

0 Kudos
Nightspirit
Novice

I did a clean install of the latest drivers and the results are still the same in Photoshop and Lightroom. Right now it seems other features are working and denoise AI is the only thing that is affected. If you disable the Arc graphics, card the problem goes away, but this is not an acceptable solution as I need the extra performance of a dedicated card. I also noticed that the newest drivers slowed down my Puget Photoshop benchmark by 100 points. It appears that it is slow at writing to Photoshop format. I enclosed both system reports. The issue seems to affect all versions of the Arc graphics card according to the Photoshop community and the complaints are growing. I hope you find a solution. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nightspirit,

Thanks for the inforamtion provided.

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
ManuelR
Employee

Hi, I have the same issue. And my card is an ARC A750. I have also updated the drivers and the problem is still the same.

A bunch of other people with the same problem are posting at Adobe Forums. Although the issue so far is with Intel cards only.

0 Kudos
dspeed
Novice

I also have this issue. 

First experienced it ~ 05/05/23.  Both the Denoise and the new DxO Raw XD.

Then my system with the Arc770LE got clobbered by the 5/10 driver update (had to swap back to an old 1050 to run the system). 

Finally got to applying the newer update (what a freaking PITA - seriously, people - sending users to use 3rd party utilities).

And the Adobe problem is still in place.

I'm curious as to why we don't hear more about this.  I do have the 'report back to Intel

option enabled (tho this is not my norm).

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

We appreciate your patience.

We would like to let you know that we are currently working on a fix to solve the issues with Photoshop/Lightroom Denoise AI. The driver developer team is working to implement the fix in an upcoming driver. However, we are unable to commit to an estimated time or updates regarding this matter; but rest assured that it is coming soon.

Since this requires more effort on our end and to avoid duplicate efforts, we are considering closing this thread. But we would like to confirm if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Nightspirit
Novice

It's good to know that you are addressing the situation, and thank you for keeping us informed. Will the updated driver notes state when this issue has been resolved? 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nightspirit,

Thanks for your response.

Regarding your question, it is important to mention that not all the included fixes are listed on the driver release notes. We suggest you keep checking, but as we previously mentioned, rest assured that we are working on it.

Best regards

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nightspirit,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos