Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Please help with display on my laptop using intel chiupset?

IBlom
Beginner

I am part of the ICT department, of a government school. We make use of Active Directory.

We purchased a new laptop , dell inspiron 3580 core i7 with windows 10 home, being that we work on a local domain, the machine required to be reloaded with our windows 10 education operating system, which then allows us to join the machine to the local domain.

All of the above went well, I now have the issue where I am unable to install a compatible or working display driver on the laptop with the reloaded education operating system, the build version for this operating system is 10586. I have read up a bit and found that the latest Intel drivers works with the build of the operating system, and the drivers I have found applicable to this machine are all required to have a later build version.

what can i do?Can anybody help/advise? (all I need is for the laptop to be able to project to another screen, such a simple task but the basic display adapter does not allow for that. Its been troubling me so much, I have tried numerous drivers from the Intel website, with no luck!!!)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You are running windows 10 version 1511, from FOUR YEARS AGO. Update to version 1903, 1809, or 1803, and then update your drivers.

Doc

0 Kudos
IBlom
Beginner

are you familiar with windows 10 education, are their newer/later builds available for it?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am certain that you meant "there" and not "their".

Are you aware that the latest drivers do not work/install on your version of Windows 10?

Go here and update to 1903:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, you may be so far behind that you cannot update.

If so, get a CURRENT version of W10 education or pro (from the same link).

Doc

0 Kudos